New string loop release

brocksw

WKR
I lost one of my Scott Silverhorns this weekend, so I'm down to my last one. I see they Discontinued it and I figured I should start looking at a new model.

Has to meet the following requirements:

Wrist strap index finger style
string loop style caliper
Preferably a nylon strap connector
Light to intermediate trigger weight

Seems like there are some decent options out there

Spott Hogg wise guy - trigger is pretty light, which I don't mind, buts also adjustable and seems to go a little heavier too. This is one of my top choices so far.

Carter lucky and rx1 seem like good choices and are among my top options so far but I have no experience with Carter. Feedback on these two would be appreciated. Carter reps thought the quickie would be the one they'd recommend to me.

Tru fire hardcore - already have one but don't use it much because of the solid bar connector and bulky wrist strap.

I see no limit archery has a new Magnetiks index release - any experience with this? How heavy is the trigger? Seems bulky.

I tried a hamskea drop tine and didn't like it.

I see Scott has the new talon to replace the rhino and silverhorn but it doesn't look like a nylon connector strap is an option. I didn't really like the rhino when I tried it a couple years ago as the trigger was so heavy.

Tru ball short and sweet looks interesting.

Anything I'm missing?

Last edited: