How do you adjust your bow when switching from wrist strap to back tension release?

I ordered my first back tension release a few days ago and haven't been able to find good info on how to adjust my bow to the new release. I normally shoot a wrist strap index and will be getting a hinge delivered Thursday. I understand how to anchor, I just don't know how to adjust my bow accordingly. Do you have to change you DL, d loop, peep, or......? My DL is 29.5 for reference. I ordered a Tru Ball HBC :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

you will probably anchor differently but to double check draw with your eyes closed and find a comfortable anchor postition at full draw. open your eyes then at full draw and you will know if your peep is to high or low. when you draw eyes closed, anchor, then open your eyes and peep is centered in the housing your good. i usually like to do it at the median range i most often shoot at, for me 40, but 20 is fine to start. if anchoring doesnt feel right you might need to adjust your d loop. just google something like anchor back tension release on youtube for tips too

blkqi

WKR
If you are shooting with good form already, the only thing that might change is your anchor point (adjusted to preference with D-loop length).

Draw length and peep height are determined solely by the geometry of your bow and body. Changes to other equipment should never affect these or something is not right.

I did the same thing a few years ago. I had to adjust my peep height because I anchored differently with the handheld release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I anchor differently, but my peep doesn't move with my current tension release. I have needed to change my peep height when switching.

My season is over, I need to hide the wrist rocket and shoot only my tension release for the winter. Luckily I have a lot of arrows.

jmez

WKR
If you are shooting with good form already, the only thing that might change is your anchor point (adjusted to preference with D-loop length).

Draw length and peep height are determined solely by the geometry of your bow and body. Changes to other equipment should never affect these or something is not right.

Changing your anchor will change the geometry of the body. If your moves up or down it would affect peep height.

I usually set a bow up to shoot during the winter months at a lower poundage with a hinge. That way i dont have to mess with my hunting rig by moving the peep multiple times. I also anchor higher with a hinge or handheld than i do with my index finger release.

tfitter

FNG
thanks for asking question, as I will be going to a hinge or back tension release for indoor this year. Good information.