Which centergy? Regular awesomeness, air, or hybrid?

TheCougar

WKR
Just like the title says. I’m pretty much resigned to buying a centergy. I just don’t know what kind. I like the length of the regular that matches the length I am accustomed to plus the extra brace height. I like the weight of the air (but I have big hands and I’m not sure if I’ll like the grip) - I always shoot with a quiver and a front/side stabilizer, so the bow won’t be too light. I like the speed of the hybrid and I have heard that the longer ata is better for accuracy, despite the smaller brace height. I do a lot of backpack hunting and I carry my bow a lot so being light and/or compact is a plus. I don’t do any target shooting or 3D. I will probably put 80lb limbs on it and shoot a 450 gr arrow with 29”DL at 75lbs. I want a hunting bow that I won’t regret, considering I buy a bow once every 7-8 years. Thoughts?

AZElk

FNG
I have shot all 3 and I am a big fan of the Centergy Hybrid. The Hybrid is giving you a 35 1/4 inch ata which for me is a perfect length for hunting especially if you are looking to take longer shots. My hybrid is set up with a 15" BeeStinger counter slide, Axcel Accutouch sight, Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro, and a TS 5 arrow. All of that on the bow with a full quiver and it is still not overly heavy. I think you would really like the Hybrid but if you have the opportunity to shoot all of them take advantage of the time with each bow in your hand. If you want a bow that will last a lifetime and stay performing I think the Hybrid is the best, plus you get the warranty strings every 2 years when you register the bow.

noroads

FNG
I shot the Centergy and Hybrid and bought the Hybrid with 80# limbs. I have been shooting it for most of the year and really like it. I’m at a shorter draw @ 28” and it just shoots really well for me. I typically shoot 33” ATA bows we’ll so I just decided to go with a longer ATA this time. The draw cycle at 80# is very smooth and linear in my opinion. Try to shoot both as much as you can and choose which one you like best. I have no issue carrying a 35” in the backcountry or thick brush of Idaho.

My current specs for my Hybrid for your reference

28 1/8” DL
80#
554gr
272fps (shooting over its IBO by my calculations)

497gr @ 286fps

I believe a 435gr arrow was right at 300fps from memory

At 74lbs I only lost 9fps for the above arrow weights. Hope that helps.

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Been looking at the Primes recently, have been looking at the Rize over the Centergy though. This is making it a closer race now. Decisions decisions. I can't shoot any of them before hand either, no shop within 500klm that has them.

noroads

FNG
And on the 15 of this month prime is releasing their new bow. Split limb, 31 ata, 7 BH, 330 IBO and Centergy technology

I spoke with a couple of Centergy owners and a lot of them do not run a stabilizer because of how well it is balanced right out of the gate. I have tried this and am amazed myself. I might do a short stabilizer to further quiet the bow, but have only have my Centergy for 1 year. I am not sure about a longer ATA being more accurate, given that the Prime bows are already super accurate. And really, accuracy comes from the bow shooter more than the bow itself. That is why I chose a Prime because they think more about the shooter ergonomics, which results in a very strong interface between bow and shooter, making for a more accurate shot.

Based on what you said, I would go with the regular, just like I did. The others are compromises on the best design, trading one aspect of the benefits for another. I went with the regular Centergy and I absolutely have no regrets at all. A friend of mine shot my bow and he could not believe how stable the bow in his hands. You will love it.

HookUp

WKR
I'm waiting for the Logic to drop before pulling the trigger on a Prime, 1st world problems.
156xpg5.jpg

amp713

WKR
Anyone worry about the dual cam system with the primes?? I've shot one and liked them but damn I always worry about over complication of simple things and the dual cams keep falling into that category in my head. Anyone else feel that way? Or is this just a direction we are headed?

blkqi

WKR
direction we are headed?
With G5 holding the patent for parallel cam systems, I'm not so sure about that.

I don't even think about it. It doesn't require additional attention or maintenance. It's just a stable system that tunes really well.

noroads

FNG
Anyone worry about the dual cam system with the primes?? I've shot one and liked them but damn I always worry about over complication of simple things and the dual cams keep falling into that category in my head. Anyone else feel that way? Or is this just a direction we are headed?

Are you asking about the asymmetrical cams on the Centergy Bows, top being bigger than bottom, or are you asking about the two tracks "dual cams" on the cams ?

The PCXL cams are identical cams like on the Rize, Rival and older Primes. They are great and tune up very easy and aren't complicated as they are a binary cam system.

The TRK cams on the new Centergy bows are asymmetrical so to achieve good vertical nock travel. I don't and haven't have any issues with the Centergy cams and like them more because I can use limb or cable stops and can really fine tune the DL and let-off and holding weight.

I've owned Both cam systems and they have been very robust and easy to tune for me. Changing strings is a little more of a pain than a two track because of the cables being fed around the center of the cam and they are a 5 piece string set. But it really isn't a big issue. I think the cams are a very stable platform to shoot.

moeleo

WKR
I have a long draw at 30.5” and I really liked the Centergy over the Hybrid. The added couple inches ATA didn’t really make a noticeable difference for me and I just felt really comfortable with the Centergy. All in what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone correct me if I’m wrong please... I was of the understanding that the reason the AIR model is lighter weight is because the riser is made of a lighter and inherently weaker aluminum. Therefore it is only available in up to 60lb. Limbs.

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
I personally love the regular Centergy, but I also liked the Hybrid when I shot it. You’ll get a little extra speed with that one, but it’s significantly larger. If you’re a tall guy, maybe the Hybrid is a hair better, but both are incredible bows.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I ended up with a hybrid, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with the regular Centergy. They Hybrid necessitated a new soft case, new hard case, and new bow sling due to the ATA of the bow. I got used to the length of the bow pretty quickly, but I didn’t calculate the extra costs associated with such a long bow!