Custom hoyt

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I am debating doing a new hoyt ultra with turbo cams. I tried asking hoyt and they couldnt give me any info on it for ibo and specs. Any experts have any opinions and if it would be worth doing vs the regular turbo version

Dameon

WKR
That would be a good medium ATA Carbon bow with good speed. It should make for a great hunting bow. I think it would IBO around 338 to 340 fps. It would be slower but more than likely smoother than a Turbo If you can pair the custom cams with custom 80 lb limbs, then it would be worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
80 lb limbs are not available with the turbo cams on any model as it voids warranty and they will not sell it to you

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
If the regular turbo's axle-to-axle isn't long enough for you and you don't mind losing the 10fps then go for it. I've been shooting the new turbo along with my Defiant Turbo quite a bit at my shop and really like both, with a slight edge to the RX-1. I think the draw cycle has been very subtly refined (at my 29" length).

Dameon

WKR
80 lb limbs are not available with the turbo cams on any model as it voids warranty and they will not sell it to you

I know, I tried buying 80lb custom limbs for my Carbon Defiant Turbo earlier this year. It's a real shame because I know they built Cameron Hanes a 90lb Pro Defiant Turbo.

this is why I ordered an 80 ultra. I have wanted to do a frankenbow for a while. my hope was to make a 345IBO bow that was 75 pound draw with 34"+ ATA