Blazer Vanes Best color for finding in the woods after the shot "Poll"

Non Natural/ Easy to find color

• Total voters
Hey the fellow Roksliders,
So I have had by bow for awhile but have never really "geeked" out on archery and always just relied on my friends at the local archery shop to set me straight. But last year I actually started trying to learn how to adjust and tune my bow. Well in that quest to become more accurate I have learned what FOC is and I was way out.
FYI I am shooting Axis 300 spline at 30" with like a 6-8" white wrap and 2 orange 1 white and a lumenock, 100 Grn.
I always like the white wrap because it is easy to see blood on and easier to find. I pretty much refuse to hunt without the lighted knocks. But with some testing switching to a 125 Grn tip & removing the wrap gets me rite about the 12% Foc.
I always thought Orange was the way to go that's why they make rifle hunters and construction workers wear it rite? But there are actually a lot of redish/orange leaves out there.
So I'm actually thinking hot pink with 1 white to see blood one. I think depending on location blue would be good to.
So without to much discussion on FOC & other things lol.
Help me pic a color that in your experience is easier to find in natural in the woods. Thanks

OP
BRTreedogs
Betting I end up with pink lol.
Thought I should add I'm a western hunter and am mostly in sage/pine forest not a fall eastern hunts where orange should be a big problem.

Kinda stuck on white cock vane thou just so it's easier to see blood.
Thanks for the replies so far.

Gumbo

WKR
I ran white for the last couple years and it can be hard to find, although it does show blood type very well (obviously). My other problem with white is that it seems that white is much more noticeable to me in terms of movement in the woods, for example a whitetail's tail is white for a reason. For these reasons I'm going back to florescent orange this year. Florescent pink (like the flagging) is probably even more visible but I just can't come to grips with running pink fletching.

If I ran 3-fletch I'd probably go 1 flo yellow and 2 flo orange. But I don't so I run all 4 the same color.

OP
BRTreedogs
I ran white for the last couple years and it can be hard to find, although it does show blood type very well (obviously). My other problem with white is that it seems that white is much more noticeable to me in terms of movement in the woods, for example a whitetail's tail is white for a reason. For these reasons I'm going back to florescent orange this year. Florescent pink (like the flagging) is probably even more visible but I just can't come to grips with running pink fletching.

If I ran 3-fletch I'd probably go 1 flo yellow and 2 flo orange. But I don't so I run all 4 the same color.

I never thought about them seeing my white, but deer/elk see in a different color spectrum then us. But I'd think if they were close enough to see my white vanes they would prob see my movement or something anyways.
I did talk to a guy that hunted with a white bow for only a couple days, said he felt like he was carrying a lightsaber. Lol

OP
BRTreedogs
And I'm totally fine with Pink if it helps me recover my game.
Don't get me wrong i'm not doing matching strings and dampeners tho

I've run pink in the past and will probably go back to it for this coming season. If I don't switch to 4 fletch I'll go two pink and yellow for my cock vane.

Btaylor

WKR
If you are going to always run lighted nocks, use whatever color you like best. In my experience, a fired arrow is either going to be ringgit on the other side of of where the animal was standing or it left the scene with the animal. If it was a pass through shot and I need white fletch to tell if the shot was a hit the odds of recovery drop significantly and smell and feel of the shaft may be the best indicators of the hit. If the shot was on the money there typically will be enough blood on the fetch to tell it even with black fletch. All of that said I shoot three flo yellow because that is what my eyes pick up best in flight. I have some arrows setup with lighted nocks but haven't hunted with them yet.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used to run pink for that purpose, but it depends where you hunt. Lots of pinkish reddish leaves and stuff where I hunt so I switched it up and have been happy with these. And all shades of green and yellow are always present as well.

Attachments

• 100_3475.jpg
    100_3475.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
OP
BRTreedogs
So I had them do up some in 2 pink 1 yellow today will see how that works for me.
Thanks for the responses gonna let the poll run for anyone else interested.

N2TRKYS

WKR
white vanes and nock. I use white because it's easier for me to see it in flight. I've never had an issue of seeing blood on my arrow, regardless of vane color.

Boreal

WKR
Lose the illuminated nocks, and get a reflective wrap from arrowrap.com. You can get flo wraps that are extremely reflective, and a light from a flashlight will make them shine like the sun, even in daylight. The flo colors make them easy to see without the reflection, too. Then put whatever vanes you want on the wrap.

It seems like no color sticks out better than blue for me.
I use two blue and one white, but will be switching out the white for hot pink when I need more vanes.
Not everyone sees colors the same so you may want to do some testing for yourself.