Need new strings

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone point me in a good direction for some good custom strings? I got a hoyt carbon defiant 34 a few months back and would like to get some custom strings made up for it. I’d like to steer away from winners choice though. I’ve seen good things from ex Wolverine on archery talk and also ink strings have good reviews from what I’ve read. Thanks for the help guys!

Hunter6

WKR
I have had good luck with 60x strings. They have a user friendly web site. I’ve had two of there strings with no issues in performance. Also my buddies shoot them when the get new strings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
ex Wolverine isn't making strings anymore. 60X will not install the speed nocks on Hoyt strings.

I've benen using ex Wolverine for a while so not sure what I'll do for my next set.

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Well that sucks... looks like jbk strings or I’ll have to gonwinners choice again. Was ex wolverines run park-n-sons archery?

weaver

WKR
America's Best Bowstrings.
There are other good builders but they're one of the best imo.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Bowstring Depot or Catfish Customs ive had good luck with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmez

WKR
Well that sucks... looks like jbk strings or I’ll have to gonwinners choice again. Was ex wolverines run park-n-sons archery?

Yes, it was park-n-sons

I put a set of Twisted X on a bow for my brother. They haven't been on long enough for me to recommend them one way or the other. They looked like a nice set of strings.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just ordered some catfish strings over the holidays. Haven't gotten them installed yet but definitely looks like quality work. Plenty of good builders out there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I would add, when you settle on a builder email or call them and ask them if they build their Hoyt string based off of factory measurements or the correct length. Hoyt's published lengths aren't quite correct. They will be long if built that way.

Trial153

WKR
Tom isn’t taking new customers however he will build a set for you if you ordered from him previously.
John ( brethren), bowstring depot ( hutch)

Bow String Depot is all I use for custom strings. I shoot a PSE, but I know a many of their customers shoot Hoyt’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question on Speed Nocks....I am currently shooting an Elite 35. It was what appear to be string weights or speed nocks top and bottom. I am guessing no string makers are going to include these either in the price or on the string when it's made? If not....how do I get them installed? It appears to me that they are installed as the string is made???

Question on Speed Nocks....I am currently shooting an Elite 35. It was what appear to be string weights or speed nocks top and bottom. I am guessing no string makers are going to include these either in the price or on the string when it's made? If not....how do I get them installed? It appears to me that they are installed as the string is made???

the guy i mentioned above will put them on for an additional $5.

jmez

WKR
I've bought strings from Tom previoulsy and he didn't return any of my messages after he quit building. Not sure he does that for everyone.

As to the speed nocks, most builders charge around $10 to install them. You just have to let them know you want them included when you order the string and most will put them on. 60x will not put them on because of liability concerns.

Bought a set from Dark Canyon Archers out of SLC, UT for my Spyder 34. Installed speed nocks to factory spacing and weight. Bow did not loose any fps.

Had a set made from a previously above mentioned builder. Bad serving separation on the loop ends and other places. Will not go with them again.

Bought a set from Dark Canyon Archers out of SLC, UT for my Spyder 34. Installed speed nocks to factory spacing and weight. Bow did not loose any fps.

Had a set made from a previously above mentioned builder. Bad serving separation on the loop ends and other places. Will not go with them again.

which builder?