Garmin sight!

jmez

WKR
So if it didn’t range and just displayed a dot or multiple dots set at fixed ranges how would this be different then any current sights?

I will say the single pin slider was one of the best moves I’ve made for improving my accuracy.

It wouldn't. For those that think it would they better not be using fiber optic pins, and if they are, no light.

ontarget7

WKR
So if it didn’t range and just displayed a dot or multiple dots set at fixed ranges how would this be different then any current sights?

I will say the single pin slider was one of the best moves I’ve made for improving my accuracy.

The fixed dots would only be used as a fail safe mode for me personally.

Have used a slider for over 10 years now and this tops that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really surprised no one has mentioned all of the problems we run into when we do range an animal and whether this new sight might complicate that process. I am curious what the beam divergence is on this range finder, because if it is not tight enough, we will get a reading back from any twig, branch, or leaf that comes in line with the beam itself. There are several situations where I might know the range to the nearest tree that I obtained prior to my stalk or sit, but then to have the Garmin tell me otherwise, could really screw up my shot. Maybe I am overthinking this but has anyone really tried this out in the field and what are their impressions/experiences?

ontarget7

WKR
It reads spot on to my Leica. I have been comparing it side by side for the past 4-5 months now.

I’m as confident with it as I am my Leica

Last edited:

ontarget7

WKR
I’m thinking 70 and 80 yards is good
11cbe2ec4488d804f01491388022a63f.jpg

dotman

WKR
I bet that was your first shots in the last 6 months, no way you could have shot that well if you didn’t have the Garmin 🤔

ontarget7

WKR
I bet that was your first shots in the last 6 months, no way you could have shot that well if you didn’t have the Garmin

2 adjustment shots with the program at 70 then left the third shot in the target. One adjustment shot at 80 and left the arrow in the target. Then took the pic

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
ontarget7, do you tend to range at full draw or prior to drawing? Is it awkward at all to find the button? Thanks for the insight on this thing. Nice to have someone reporting with real life experience. Very cool tool.

ontarget7

WKR
ontarget7, do you tend to range at full draw or prior to drawing? Is it awkward at all to find the button? Thanks for the insight on this thing. Nice to have someone reporting with real life experience. Very cool tool.

Prior to drawing so my time at full draw is less. My fingers are really relaxed at the front of the grip and I place it so it’s very easy for my index finger to make contact with little effort and no change in applied pressure at the grip.

Your welcome

Elc1973

FNG
Prior to drawing so my time at full draw is less. My fingers are really relaxed at the front of the grip and I place it so it’s very easy for my index finger to make contact with little effort and no change in applied pressure at the grip.

Your welcome

Is it awkward to hold the bow up and aim the rangefinder? How do you know what your aiming at? Does it have crosshairs to aim it?

ontarget7

WKR
Is it awkward to hold the bow up and aim the rangefinder? How do you know what your aiming at? Does it have crosshairs to aim it?

No, I do it both ways and don’t find it awkward either way

The circle ⭕️ reticle and the dot will appear so all you have to do is line them up. Little practice but it’s rather quite easy.

Slim Jim

WKR
I’m really thinking about getting one of these sometime this year. If I would of had this on my bear hunt last year, I probably would have harvested a wolf. I had a wolf standing in front of me long enough for me to range him, set my dial, and then draw but he walked off. With this sight I might of got it done. Sounds legit