Garmin sight!

Dunndm

WKR
Sounds like it's taking the "hunting" away. I'll stick to the range finder or perpetration game instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Well since GAIA and Google Mapquest are going to put a serious hurt on Garmins business...

they HAVE to come up with something quick!

Who buys a GPS anymore? $400 when you can add an app to your phone for $30 and only carry one device?

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty cool if you ask me. People always talk about wanting to make a clean, ethical kill, but then complain about things like this that will only help people be more successful in that clean and ethical kill.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well since GAIA and Google Mapquest are going to put a serious hurt on Garmins business...

they HAVE to come up with something quick!

Who buys a GPS anymore? $400 when you can add an app to your phone for $30 and only carry one device?
I think this is why they have amped up the wearables line. Between that and the InReach hopefully they can stay in the game. They also make an alternative to GoPro that I rarely hear anything about....

Lawnboi

WKR
I wonder how many states are going to look into outlawing this. Looks interesting, definetly a step up in technology.

And per the gps statement. I still always use my gps. I can't count on my phone battery for nothing.

Brendan

WKR
Shane / Ontarget7 posted on Instagram that he'd been reviewing it for Garmin. Would love to hear what he thinks...

Ten Bears

WKR
What states would this be illegal in ?

As much as I hate some technology, this seems like it could make for more ethical shots.

Blackcow

WKR
How about rain/snow/dust/dirt and mud on the lens? Seems like it would be as much a pita as hunting with a lens on your scope is, not worse since you can just unscrew the lense and clean it or leave it off. I know none of us care about the size of the animals we shoot, but I suspect Pope and Young will have something to say about it.

jmez

WKR
Pretty neat. Not sure I could ever trust a completely electronic sight as my only means of aiming/shooting the bow, especially on a back country hunt. You have nothing if it fails.

Based on my experience with Garmin's dog tracking systems I would be really hesitant to jump right into any new technology/devices that they come out with.