Easton Titanium Outserts

jmez

WKR
I darn sure wouldn't epoxy them in. I'd use cool melt so I could take them out and turn them down the road if need be. If they don't work you at least still have good arrows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
I want to do some torture testing on these. Since I get them at cost it won’t cost me much to set a few of these up and see how they hold up.
Any ideas on materials I should shoot them into to test? Plywood is a given. I have some steel targets I could sacrifice one to.

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
I want to do some torture testing on these. Since I get them at cost it won’t cost me much to set a few of these up and see how they hold up.
Any ideas on materials I should shoot them into to test? Plywood is a given. I have some steel targets I could sacrifice one to.

If you can get your hands on some bone I’d like to see how they hold up to a direct hit. I’d be happy to throw in a little cash to offset the cost of any broken inserts and arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
On the upside I can’t see them being any worse then using a deep six broad head which are just plain junk

I shoot the Goldtip pierce and they are awesome. I use their outsert system. I like that I can add weight to the back of the insert with their fact system. I like using regular heads. I shoot into bag targets and have no issue.

Here is a pic of a 130 yard group I shot the other day. This is why I like these arrows!

I’d be curious to hear how the titanium outserts do. That’s pretty pricey thou so that scares me away. Lol

Attachments

• 63379489-EE36-40AB-BBD5-A991150E52D5.jpg
    63379489-EE36-40AB-BBD5-A991150E52D5.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 111

Brendan

WKR
I shoot the Goldtip pierce and they are awesome. I use their outsert system. I like that I can add weight to the back of the insert with their fact system. I like using regular heads. I shoot into bag targets and have no issue.

Here is a pic of a 130 yard group I shot the other day. This is why I like these arrows!

I’d be curious to hear how the titanium outserts do. That’s pretty pricey thou so that scares me away. Lol
I personally had a bunch of issues, both keeping them spinning true, and from a durability perspective. The arrows themselves were great, it was the insert/outsert.

Had a set built for me by Jerry at South Shore, then put a ton of time in to building a bunch more myself. Maybe I got some early batches, but I wasn't a fan.

I personally had a bunch of issues, both keeping them spinning true, and from a durability perspective. The arrows themselves were great, it was the insert/outsert.

Had a set built for me by Jerry at South Shore, then put a ton of time in to building a bunch more myself. Maybe I got some early batches, but I wasn't a fan.

Yea I heard there were a few bad batches out there. I’ve had almost zero issues. I bent a few but only from hitting steel in 3-d targets.

Casey Harbertson did a little torture test of the new titanium ones on his IG story. He shot one side by side with the GoldTip setup through plywood and into a steel target. The GT one was destroyed after the steel target, but the Easton Titanium one still spun true after they stuck it in another arrow. Still not paying $80/dozen for them. I understand why they're so expensive (material alone is around $25/doz). Titanium just isn't the material for the job costwise. Maybe chrome moly or a 400 series stainless.

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
Casey Harbertson did a little torture test of the new titanium ones on his IG story. He shot one side by side with the GoldTip setup through plywood and into a steel target. The GT one was destroyed after the steel target, but the Easton Titanium one still spun true after they stuck it in another arrow. Still not paying $80/dozen for them. I understand why they're so expensive (material alone is around $25/doz). Titanium just isn't the material for the job costwise. Maybe chrome moly or a 400 series stainless.

Even though the Easton is a tough piece and I️ was impressed with the fact that it still spun after shooting into the steel, I️ wouldn’t say it outperformed the GT insert system. The Easton got shoved up inside the shaft while the GT’s ballistic collar managed to keep things somewhat intact. The collar did split and the insert got shoved up the shaft a touch but it seemed to hold things together better.

Even though the Easton is a tough piece and I️ was impressed with the fact that it still spun after shooting into the steel, I️ wouldn’t say it outperformed the GT insert system. The Easton got shoved up inside the shaft while the GT’s ballistic collar managed to keep things somewhat intact. The collar did split and the insert got shoved up the shaft a touch but it seemed to hold things together better.

That's a good point. I think it's because the aluminum absorbed some of the energy by shearing. I'd really like to see more of a bend test. In my mind an angled shot that hits bone is what will cause an insert to fail in a hunting situation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
That's a good point. I think it's because the aluminum absorbed some of the energy by shearing. I'd really like to see more of a bend test. In my mind an angled shot that hits bone is what will cause an insert to fail in a hunting situation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Definitely. That titanium is so tough is just transferred all the energy to the carbon shaft.

But I️d like to see some more testing. Preferably on some bone like you said.

Trial153

WKR
They can keep 4 mm and all the outserts that go with them. Looks like even these 80 a dozen Outserts aren’t a solution to a problem we don’t need to have.

Yea and did you see the damage to the arrow on the Easton outsert? It was way worse. If they cost $40 for 6 The Goldtip is much cheaper. If I hit metal ina target and I bend one I just pull out and replace.

I would like to See some angles shots into hard stuff. That’s where things get bent.

In his little test I would have liked to see him shoot a Goldtip pierce shaft. Lol. They are tougher than injections in my experience.

I think I turned into a waterfowler as I got my whitetail in early November, but Beendare and co are right. I like the arrows themselves, the components are trash however.

Sticking with my Axis 5mm 260's with 50 gr insert. I can use normal heads, and they kill stuff all the same. We may be over-thinking the whole wind drift deal. Chuck Adams and many others have taken a metric ton of animals with the "old" aluminum shafts, heck if not for a tree I would have shot a black bear spot n stalk style with my freakin longbow and wood arrows.

I like Carbon Injexion 330swith Firenock outserts put on with hot melt. Work well and are done tough based on shooting all summer into my bag target with field points or Rhinehart 18/1 with broadheads. Also shot the leg bone on a moose and the system survived fine. Got the moose too, was a follow up shot that broke the bone. Good luck with your choice!