Peep Sight Color preference

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I've used colored peeps (blue, red, etc) in the past but have always preferred a matte/ flat black peep since they typically don't have as much glare or distraction to my eye.

Trial153

WKR
Doesn’t matter to me. Black mostly. But I will also use a matching color that is the same as my contrast ..so pink or green

Dunndm

WKR
Never have even thought about the color honestly. As long as it's matte finish. I just like it to match my strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
I was told by the shop that installed my latest that blue transmits the most light. So I’m trying it. So far so good. But I have no proof of that claim if it’s true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a clearshot peep. If you find a dealer they should have each color for you to test and see which one works best for your eyes. Each eye color corresponds to a certain color peep that will help clear your vision/make things brighter. I didn’t believe it when I heard it, but the pink peep made everything clearer and I have no issues shooting in low or bright light situations.

^^^ have anymore info on that as in a chart or something? Now I'm curious...

I guess people with hazel eyes can go many ways.

Tried a red and a blue that came with 2nd hand bows I have bought and found them really distracting. Swapped them for black right away

Luked

WKR
I have had blue and red. never noticed any glare myself. I just got them in that color to match strings or bows.
my bow not has just a plain ol black one
long as I can get the right size to center my sight housing I don't care what color it is

I had green strings and peep on my bow a few years ago didn't seem to have an issue at first, my eye sight got worse and worse and I couldn't see the pins or housing for the life of me, finally got glasses and it helped a bit, my other bow has matte black and it's a night and day difference compared to the green. Next bow I set up will be with a clear shot. But between the black and green my eyes see way better with the black