New Bow suggestion for shorter draw length

coyote13

FNG
Looking for input on a new bow. I currently shoot a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance 27.5 - 65lbs. (285fps w/ 400gr)

I am looking to get the most speed i can for my short draw length, I am happy with my current set up, however it starting show its age.

So far i have shot a Halon & Reign 6. Halon is in the lead at this point, but i also want to try a new Hoyt.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

MattB

WKR
Hoyt builds cams for different draw length ranges to optimize performance, and their new turbo cam is much more shootable than the turbos of years past.

OP
C

coyote13

FNG
What exactly are you looking for over your current setup? I mean 285 is decent speed.
I'm perfectly fine with my current speed for my short draw length.
I just havent kept up with current bows and i don't want to go backwards.
Just looking for feedback from other hunters, not just from some bow salesman / fanboy who will try to sway you for a sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Well I’m a 27” draw. There’s some good bows out now that shoot good speed but will be an easier draw and also much better tuning. Mathews Triax, Halon32 6, Halon 6, Hoyt RX1 Turbo( what I’ll be shooting), PSE Xpedite and Evolve 31, Xpedition Xcursion 6. Just a lot of really good bows now days. All of those bows should boost your speed up if your planning on using the same arrows.

There are plenty of good bows on the market. I shoot an Elite, and I am very happy with it. BUt depending on what state(s) you hunt, you may want to consider the let-off, considering some states only allow so much let-off. My suggestion is to shoot as many as you can, and take your time in deciding.