Stalker Decoys

Stilpr

Lil-Rokslider
I tried posting this in the Elk forum, but didn’t get much feedback. (Which may be my answer!)

Stalker Decoys
Has anyone tried the Stalker Cow Elk decoy? I was looking at the heads up decoy and came across this one but not many reviews.

I will be hunting solo and thought this would provide a few really nice benefits for a solo caller/hunter setup, but I am hesitant without a little more feedback.

Any of your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Beendare

WKR
I think its a great idea and would own one except a guy can only have so many decoys....grin

I can tell you a decoy isn't a magic bullet...you still need to practice good hunting skills. I've had bulls coming in and my hunter was fidgeting around...for example, the bill of a ball cap can intensify movement....and its movement they spot- guaranteed. I had one of my buddies tell me he isn't impressed with the decoys....I wish I had his moving around on vid to show him what really happened.

Elk don't swing their bodies around looking from side to side...or move herky jerky.

Be patient, practice moving the decoy in slow natural movements [not easy to do for 5-10 minutes!] , call sparingly and don't let the elk pick you off...and you will be shocked how successful you are!

Boreal

WKR
Following, with a question about the stalker goat. Seems like the decoy with a Tyvek suit could be just the thing for an open-country stalk on a mountain goat. Anyone try that setup yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk