Spot Hogg Fast Eddie

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie, good or bad? I read the review by Les Welch, just looking for additional opinions. Anyone with the standard hard mount wish they had the dove tail mount on the xl version? Thanks for the help,
Brian

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I just switched to the Fast Eddie 3 pin and I am really liking it. Most of my shots are less than 40 yards, so this sight works great because you have a 20,30 and 40 yard pin for close fast shots, but then you have the capability to crank the dial and still take longer shots without crowding you sight window with 7 pins. Sight seems very well constructed and consistent. Was fairly easy to perform the sight in process.

Ron

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I have the XL in a 5 pin and love it. I debated just getting the regular Fast Eddie, but after talking to one of the Spot Hogg guys he convinced me to go with the XL that way I at least had the option to extend it out if I wanted to which I did end up doing.

I have a fast eddie on my xcursion 7 and a fast eddie xl on my darton 3800. I like them both just fine. If I had to pick a winner it would be the xl. The xl has a longer horizontal travel bar, for longer range shots. I also like that I can remove the sight if I have to and put it right back on and not have to worry if its still sighted in.

I should mention that both are the double pin model, with the updated double pointer. I have found this works best for me. With my top pin set at 20 I am confident I can make any shot from 10-50 yards without moving the sight. If I have time to adjust the sight I will but knowing that I dont have to is nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a fast eddie on my xcursion 7 and a fast eddie xl on my darton 3800. I like them both just fine. If I had to pick a winner it would be the xl. The xl has a longer horizontal travel bar, for longer range shots. I also like that I can remove the sight if I have to and put it right back on and not have to worry if its still sighted in.

I should mention that both are the double pin model, with the updated double pointer. I have found this works best for me. With my top pin set at 20 I am confident I can make any shot from 10-50 yards without moving the sight. If I have time to adjust the sight I will but knowing that I dont have to is nice.

That should read vertical travel bar not horizontal.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the replies fellas. Can anyone that’s used both a MBG slider and a Fast Eddie give their preference?

lintond

WKR
Thank you for the replies fellas. Can anyone that’s used both a MBG slider and a Fast Eddie give their preference?

I just got a fast Eddie XL a couple weeks ago after shooting MBG for 5+ years. Here are a few of my notes. The vertical adjustment(non slider) of the MBG is easier, but I prefer the slider lock and adjustment more on the Spot Hogg. I also like the multi ring housing on the SH and the micro adjust horizontal adjustments. I don’t like the course horizontal adjustment on the SH because it is a round post which allows the housing to rotate. I wish it had a flat side to keep it square to the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk