Spent some time at ATA 2018..thoughts?

trail@goHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Spent a few days at ATA last week checking out some of the latest advances in archery tackle, for those of you would are geeks like me what were your favorites?

For me, I thought the Garmin Xero sight was interesting, technical, and definitely different than anything I've seen. I do question the practicality of it in a long term hunting situation. I'm not sure I want a lenses to deal with..ie..keeping it clean from dust and rain. I also question the mechanical parts and pieces...that malfunctions on a backpack trip and you're in tough spot. Cool product, but for me the cost and other factors have me skeptical...would anyone buy and hunt with it?

The New Black Gold Ascent Assault looking awesome, black gold pins and micro adjustable. I really liked the update.

Most of the other items I saw were small updates to existing products...which is a good thing. Below were some of the most interesting products to me.

Rests: Ripcord Arrow rest Updates - Drive and the Max, both available in a micro adjust model as well. I'm a big fan of a limb driven rest, it's easy to set up and easy to fix in the field. The Drive looks very nice to me. The Prophecy from AEE is also a good looking well built rest. Apparently the fork/blade is indestructible..always a nice feature for a bowhunter.

Sitka Hauler 62 pack and Apex Series. The pack looks legit, a bit heavier than some at 6.5lbs but it looks comfortable. Very interested in trying it out. The Apex merino looks and feels great too, can't wait to try some out. The lifestyle line-up is a nice touch too for 2018.

Stabilizers: couple new options for stabilizers, the new Bee-Stinger Microhex are smaller in diameter and have some added vibration killing inserts. They should buck the wind a smidge better and they look great. I was also impressed with CBE's new Torx stabilizers. Great price point and come with a rubber dampener. Also comes in a hunting kit with a 11" front bar, 7 in back bar and the adapter. Good looking set of stabilizers

Broadheads: Alot of new broadheads, everyone seemed to like the new NAP swingfire but for me it just didn't seem stout enough. The Rage 4 Blade Extreme, Trophy Taker Quad Steel, and the Slick Trick Wicked Trick all looked good. The Muzzy HB-Ti is a mean looking head also.

Releases: I like to try a variety of releases although I always go back to my TruBall HT pro, but I saw quite a few new releases that I liked. The TruFire Synapse is a thumb trigger version of the hinge sear model that came out last year. It feels great in the hand. The updated TruBall Short and Sweeter'r releases look very nice for the index/wrist release shooters. Probably not many back tension/hinge shooters, but I really liked the finish and feel of the Scott Ascent and the Truball Fulkrum Flex.

I already noted the Sitka Hauler Pack but the new Mystery Ranch Mule Pack on the Guidelight frame would be perfect for a day hunter.

Finally, I'm not a big blind hunter..but for those that are the Primo's Double Bull 360 Surround View 360 was really intriguing. You can see out 360 degrees but an animal can't see in.

A few others, but those were my favorites. Anyone else come up with any gems???