Alternatives to Quiver on Bow?

I've recently decided, after years of shooting with my quiver on my bow, that I'm not a fan. I like having it off the bow better when crawling and stalking, and I hate how it torques my bow to the side. I'd really rather avoid adding a side bar, but I'm open to it. For archery shoots and practice it's easy enough to keep extra arrows in my pack. While hunting I like to have a couple extras quick at hand. Are there any pack attached quivers or hip quivers that work well for hunting?

amp713

WKR
I grabbed the quivalizer and I'm really liking that set up. Super adjustable and i just run it out front as a big stab. Not sure if that's an option you'd be after but figured I'd toss it out. You can adjust how far out it sits, how close to the riser. Which side of the riser.... basically you can really mess with it and get the weight of it where you want

I broke the dovetail on my quiver during my mule deer hunt, so I had to improvise. It's a cheap trophy ridge 6 arrow quiver. Little bit complicated to explain, but I'll try:I'm right handed, so carry my bow in my left hand. I was using a small daypack (guide lid) and took the extra length of shoulder strap below the adjustment slider on my right side and tied that strap end to the middle arrow in my quiver. It hangs on my right side, the nocks are about at my knee. I just kind of tuck it under my right arm when I'm hiking and It hangs out of the way when I'm ready to shoot, glass, etc. 3 hours later I killed my first muley, so I took it elk hunting. My luck didn't continue, but I don't think that the quiver had anything to do with it.

Definitely an intriguing option to shoot with, but I think crawling around with it on wouldn't work out.

Yeah, that could be a bit unreliable. You might be able to kind of flip it on your back, but it might fall off at the wrong time, or if it dragged on the ground, it could catch on vegetation or you could kneel on your arrows and booger your nocks.

I was in the same boat, didn't like the quiver to be on my compound bow so I started using a hip quiver. Went that route for probably 20 years and it worked well, you just have to find a good hip quiver that securely holds the arrows so you don't lose them when in heavy brush. Then I started carrying a larger daypack so I started strapping the hip quiver to the right side of the pack, low enough so I could access the arrows with the pack on my back and that worked well for at least 5 years. Now I have switched back to traditional archery, shooting recurve and longbows and I've gone back to bow mounted quivers to provide some stabilizing weight to those super light weight bows.

Trial153

WKR
There are times i just strap my quiver to my pack. its been a nonissue. i can get to another arrow easy enough and its out of the way. I being using a quiverlizer for fee weeks and i am likeing it so far.
I tried a couple different hip quivers years ago and to say i hated them would be an understatement.

You might try looking up some Tom Miranda videos on YouTube. If I remember correctly he had some kinda of quick draw hip holster for his arrows that he used. It was part of his Archery Grand Slam series, I think?

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Here is a quiver that some traditional guys use. I've had one for several years and like it for 3D shoots. But, I've come to prefer a bow quiver for my recurve because you can access the 2nd arrow quickly if needed.

G.FRED ASBELL Quivers

AZElk

FNG
I have a guy I work with who makes leather hip quiver attachments for a Tight Spot and Fuse Streamline. They also have a strap that will allow it to be attached to a backpack if needed. Contact me if you would like to see pictures of the product or are interested in getting one.