Target for broad heads.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
5MilesBack, Did you use the 1 year replacement warranty on the 18-1 ?

No I didn't. And the reason I didn't was because it really is a pretty decent target. For the average guy shooting just a few BH's each year for tuning or verifying before the season, it will last a long time. But going into it with the intention of ruining it quickly, I didn't feel right taking advantage of that offer.

No I didn't. And the reason I didn't was because it really is a pretty decent target. For the average guy shooting just a few BH's each year for tuning or verifying before the season, it will last a long time. But going into it with the intention of ruining it quickly, I didn't feel right taking advantage of that offer.

Right on. I was looking into purchasing one and just curious if the 18-1 is truly that durable and if not would the warranty actually be honored? Seems like a good option that I'll probably try out either way.

Right on. I was looking into purchasing one and just curious if the 18-1 is truly that durable and if not would the warranty actually be honored? Seems like a good option that I'll probably try out either way.

It is very durable! Worth every penny. I can shoot every broadhead I have 50x and then shoot broadheads 10x per day every day in the summer and it will last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to update this thread. I have been shooting at my BLOB everyday since February. I shoot at least 10 arrows and upwards of 50-75 on days I'm not too busy. I would say half of those are with broadheads into the blob.

I have a nice big hole all the way through in the center. The non center targets I painted are getting destroyed too. I'm not sure it will last until hunting season. I hope it does. Now this is just my opinion but I would think any target would look like this after the ringer I have given it. However I am regretting not saving for a matrix target. I could just rotate the center hex and would have center target for several more months. Center target is my go to since mostly practice past 60y.

Additionally I have to report that the BLOB absolutely sands down your arrows. When shooting three blades, you can totally feel a hump in the shaft behind every blade, and where no blade is it has been eaten way. Bad news!

Now spending ~250$ on a matrix is a lot for something I aim to destroy but may be the right choice if the 140$ target ruins arrows and doesn't make it 6months.

Look closely, you can see through the target.

blob.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just wanted to update this thread. I have been shooting at my BLOB everyday since February. I shoot at least 10 arrows and upwards of 50-75 on days I'm not too busy. I would say half of those are with broadheads into the blob.

I would get multiple targets and limit your BH shooting once you're tuned. I love shooting BH's, but they will quickly destroy most every foam target out there if you shoot a lot of BH's. I use a 48"x48" Block target for most of my shooting, but only with FP's. It will last a very long time. Then I use my Blob for BH's, I shoot quite a few throughout the year but not enough to destroy it in a year. Then I take my Rinoblock to elk camp and will shoot BH's into it every now and then while I'm there. I've had the Rinoblock and the Blob for years now. As a dedicated only target, the Blob wouldn't make my top 10 list.

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
I would get multiple targets and limit your BH shooting once you're tuned. I love shooting BH's, but they will quickly destroy most every foam target out there if you shoot a lot of BH's. I use a 48"x48" Block target for most of my shooting, but only with FP's. It will last a very long time. Then I use my Blob for BH's, I shoot quite a few throughout the year but not enough to destroy it in a year. Then I take my Rinoblock to elk camp and will shoot BH's into it every now and then while I'm there. I've had the Rinoblock and the Blob for years now. As a dedicated only target, the Blob wouldn't make my top 10 list.

I guess I should have mentioned that yes only broadheads went into the blob, I have 3'x4' carpet stack for field points. I don't expect any target to survive thousands and thousands of broadheads, was mainly just commenting on how I see the advantages of the Matrix target now and warning people that the Blob will eat away arrows if you keep nailing them into it often.

boom

WKR
i think the YellowJacket broadhead target is pretty amazing. we have one at camp and we hammer it with broadheads. four guys. one cube has been going on for years. you shoot a FT into it and it damn near welds in there. tough to pull.

i think a yellowjacket BH target and some bag target would be a great combo that goes for a long time.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
i think the YellowJacket broadhead target is pretty amazing.

Did they fix them? I had one of those maybe 10 years ago and they had these sheets of heavy plastic type material inside the targets. So the BH's would penetrate through one of those and then it was impossible to try and line up the blades with where it had cut through and pull it out backwards. And if it didn't penetrate the rest of those hard sheets then you have to just about break the arrow trying to push it all the way through to remove the BH. It was horrible. I tore mine apart to see what the problem was inside and ended up keeping all the foam pieces and throwing the rest away.

i think the YellowJacket broadhead target is pretty amazing. we have one at camp and we hammer it with broadheads. four guys. one cube has been going on for years. you shoot a FT into it and it damn near welds in there. tough to pull.

i think a yellowjacket BH target and some bag target would be a great combo that goes for a long time.

We shot right through a yellow jacket with the very first arrows and got it replaced only to find the replacement couldn’t stop them either. It’s now fallen apart only 2 years and very few arrows later. Save your money for a rinhart over a yellow jacket.

boom

WKR
We shot right through a yellow jacket with the very first arrows and got it replaced only to find the replacement couldn’t stop them either. It’s now fallen apart only 2 years and very few arrows later. Save your money for a rinhart over a yellow jacket.

wow!! i believe you. i think my friend is still shooting the same yellowjacket! crazy.

my 18-1, i blew a hole in it on my first outing. i bought a factory second so no warranty. the only issue, was the paint on it was faded. the actual target was perfect. pulling out the broadheads was so damaging.

crazy we have the exact opposite experience.

broadheads are brutal. makes me want to try those DeadMeat ones with the aerodynamically matched practice heads.

I got 6 yrs out of my first 18-1 and have 2 yrs into the second one. Broadheads only and don’t overdo shooting them except in hunting camps.

boom

WKR
Yea. Counting a target in years is misleading. Number of arrows is a better litmus test.

I had a very difficult to tune bow. I shot a lot of broadshead into my 18-1.

Davebuech

WKR
Here's another vote for the Matrix. Super long lasting and durable. I have shot 3 seasons broadheads into one core and it's still stopping em. Plus you can change out the modules when they do get worn out. One of the hexes also makes a great camp target

jmez

WKR
I really like my Matrix. I'm going on the second season with it and still haven't moved a cell. Mostly shoot the middle with broadheads. I turned it around this year as the side I was shooting was getting pretty chewed up. It was still stopping arrows fine on that side but the dot is gone.

pulling out the broadheads was so damaging.

that's what tears them up the most. i started shooting magnus stingers last year and one of the side perks is that the blades are angled and sharpened near the base of the head so they almost cut their way back out of the target when you pull them and do way less damage.