Need advice for new broadheads

Switching from 100 grain to 125 grain broadheads. I use fixedblade only. What are some good broadheads that any of you recommend? I am not going with the super expensive iron will. Thanks... for elk by the way.

I made that switch a while back as well. If you’re looking in the “normal” price range, you will not find anything better than the QAD Exodus. But there are other good options as well: Slick Trick, Shuttle T, and Magnus to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
VPA three blades are what I've been using the last couple of years. Reasonably price and very tough heads. Easy to sharpen as well, you really can't screw it up.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've been using Thunderhead 100s since I started bowhunting in 1992 with no issues. I couldn't imagine the Thunderhead 125s would be any different.

Brendan

WKR
Wac 'Em, VPA 3 Blade, Shuttle T are all nice heads. Cutthroats look interesting for an inexpensive, stout head.

(Shameless Plug - have new VPA and Shuttle T 125's for sale right now if you're looking to try them at a discount - will be shooting mechanicals for whitetail this year, and am looking at trying Iron Will, Cutthroats for fixed blades)

Pramo

WKR
Hard to go wrong with QAD exodus or Viper Tricks I've killed elk with both, Viper Tricks are easier to tune but I like the hole better with the QAD's

PNWGATOR

WKR
VPA is top of the line in fixed blade heads. I’ve had good performance from slick tricks and magnus heads as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Wac'ems, Strikers, and Shuttle T's have been my favorites. Trophy Taker has updated their Shuttle T for this year, and they have a new 4-blade Quad that I might try. 125's are all I shoot.

Riplip

WKR
Another vote for the 125 grain QAD. Lots of quality BH's out there that will do the job if you do yours.

OP
M
Thanks for all the replies, I like the looks of the qad exodus just wondering about their durability. Will the blades break if they hit a rib?

I prefer fixed blade 125 grain heads and have had excellent results on Sierra Blacktail with the already mentioned VPA 3 blades and Magnus Stingers. Something about a VPA style that is seriously durable affording the potential to have many kills with 1 head attracts me. The Stingers work great BUT Ive bent a couple and ( Warranty replaced them no problem ) have yet to render a VPA non operable as I have the Stingers. Both for me fly great ( 60 yd max) and perform when they are used hunting . The aforementioned Cut throat single bevel heads I have been enjoying. They remind me of the VPA solid steel construction with the even more simplistic burly single bevel . These are flying great and they may be a new favorite as I am partial to more simplistic 2 blade type heads . I hope to hunt with them this spring.

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Although I haven't killed anything with them yet, I love how my Strickland Helixes fly. They are 125, and it took pretty much no tuning to get them to fly properly out to 80 yards. They are a bit of a pain to pull from the target though.

Check to make sure the exodus works for your state laws. I think they are considered barbed due to swept back blades.

Trial153

WKR
I will be the decenting voice on QADs. I do not like the blade over the shaft.

i like the magnus buzzcuts. they're a bigger profile head but fly right with field tips for me. the warranty is top notch. i had a couple get dinged up last year hitting rocks and sent them into to see if they would reprofile and sharpen them. i offered to pay any charge and a week later i had a new package of heads at my door for free. i kind of felt bad so i went out to the store and bought another package just to keep supporting them.