Tips for quieter bow

Finbob

FNG
Shoot z7 xtreme. Primary question: what is the best product for silencing string without affecting timing/shot precision? I currently have monkey tails on the string and cables and they work ok, just wanted to know if there was anything better/more durable? The bow comes with a dead end string stop, and I’m shooting with a QAD rest and b stinger stabilizers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunndm

WKR
I'm at 31.3/8" draw and I shoot the same weight arrow as you at 70#... maybe I need to increase mine as well. Cause my bow is kinda loud

ahawk116

FNG
500+ grains is the happy place for me. I can still get 100 yards out of a sight tape and not hit my housing. I’m 28.5 inch draw with a bow that probably has a similar ibo

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Like everyone above said, heavier arrow weight will quiet a bow down fast. The other little things like string silencers help too but not as much as hefty arrows.

MattB

WKR
I have gone full circle back to cat whiskers for the string.

Heavy arrows, having you bow timed/synched, and making sure your accessories are tight and of high quality (arrows tight in quiver, fletchings not touching) all help.

One thing about poundage and draw length - IMO too may guys use the 5 gr/# draw weight as a basis for proper arrow weight and ignore the notion of draw length. The longer the draw stroke, the more energy, the greater potential for bow noise. Back in the day AMO had a chart that showed recommended arrow gr./# based on poundage and draw length. For bows pulling 80# in a 29" draw weight, they recommended something north of 8 gr/# of draw weight - not the 5 or 6 a lot of guys would ordinarily consider.

My b stinger had come loose at the weight end and was making an awe full racket and doing god knows what to my shots. Like the tip the is glued into the carbon tube. I put it back on with JB weld and noticed the other end was loose too so redid that. I am going through the bow now and tightening here and there.

Heavy arrow is the key. Some bows will only get so quiet. Your accessories (sights, rest, quiver, stabilizer) all add noise if not correctly set up and tight. Loose arrows in quiver. I had a CBE sight I had to sell cause it was as noisy as a loose stabilizer. I also added a rubber silencer on the end of my cable slide. The position of the rubber stopper on the string stop is critical as well.

I also added some string dampeners to my buss,cables.
My bows IBO is 372 so it will make some noise when it all hits, but I have it pretty dang quiet.
I purposely shoot between a garage wall and a Nylon solid fence at my sides so I can have the sound magnified. If it is quiet there, it will be quiet out in the mountain.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shoot a 532gr arrow at 73lbs and 32 1/2" draw with no silencers on my string, and my bow is pretty darn quiet.

Also, an out of tune bow will be louder as well.

Bmcox86

WKR
A Titanium Archery products stabilizer and string stop would do a lot to quiet it down. It did on my Elite.

Heavy arrow is the key. Some bows will only get so quiet. Your accessories (sights, rest, quiver, stabilizer) all add noise if not correctly set up and tight. Loose arrows in quiver. I had a CBE sight I had to sell cause it was as noisy as a loose stabilizer. I also added a rubber silencer on the end of my cable slide. The position of the rubber stopper on the string stop is critical as well.

I also added some string dampeners to my buss,cables.
My bows IBO is 372 so it will make some noise when it all hits, but I have it pretty dang quiet.
I purposely shoot between a garage wall and a Nylon solid fence at my sides so I can have the sound magnified. If it is quiet there, it will be quiet out in the mountain.

My goodness haha what bow are you shooting that is at a 372 ibo?!

I have a short draw length at 28.5, and shoot heavy arrows, close to 500, so I needed the jeep from a bow that keeps me where I want to be at 300 fps.

Many want around 270, but for what the animals do that I hint, I like the fastest I can get, while keeping it heavy and quiet

Pse boasts its the fastest out there.
Not the easiest to shoot, but it's what I like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
72f1f61884080b7007268dd0c337b2d1.jpg