Nock 2 It Releases

jhubbz

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any experience with these releases? What are your likes and dislikes? I currently shoot a Carter Just B-Cuz. Just curious about everybody's thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
I switched from a Wise Choice 3 finger to it. I like the two finger hold. Less crap messing with the release. I also like that I can switch back and forth with the silverback and not change my hold or form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both, and really like both. I don't find myself wanting more out of a release. Keep in mind that these were my first haldheld releases, and I am just a hunter not a target archer. The two finger grip is great and I can add a third if I want. They helped me get over target panic. All that being said, the only thing special about these is the two finger grip, so if that is important to you, go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
I have three of them. Switched from a Too Simple to these to increase the head length a little and to try two-finger style. Turns out I still pretty much shoot them three-fingered with them because of the little nub. I really like having the finger hole better than not, it is easier to range and manipulate other objects with it in my hand than with the Too Simple's open finger design. I also really like the little tether hole, which I run a length of D-loop material through and hook it to a clip on my bino harness. Another advantage over the Wise Choice/Too Simple is that the release body covers a little higher on the locking mechanism, which might help keep crud out of the spring and keep it from catching on something.

All in all it is a great release. I would strongly recommend it UNLESS you shoot a short axle to axle bow (32ish or less), in which case the Too Simple might be better because it has a shorter head. I shoot a Reign 7 and knowing what I think I know now about draw length/D-loop length in relation to string angles/axle-to-axle measurements I think I might be better of with the Too Simple, but alas I sold mine. I now run a very short D-loop so I can keep from anchoring way far back and still have slight string contact with my nose, but that is shooting Dudley straight arm style.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been a finger shooter for decades and decided to try the silverback in December so far an easy transition and am liking it👍

HookUp

WKR
I have a Nock to it, Silverback and a pile of strap releases. The Nock to it and Silverback along with Dud's video got me dialed in. My groups went from spray and pray to a copenhagen lid at 50 yards.

OP
J

jhubbz

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback. I switched from the wrist strap last year and noticed a significant difference in my groups with the help of Dudley's videos. I like the Just B Cuz but am interested in the two finger for the reasons y'all mentioned.

Guess the trick now is to find one on the different forums. They sell quick!

HookUp

WKR
Once you learn how to shoot, you will gain the ability to shoot any release. After shooting the Nock to it I swore I was a thumb button guy. I worked the strap release back in to my practice sessions and now can shoot the strap as accurate as the Nock to it and even the hinge. I am still cautious about the strap it can easily lead to punching, but its is hands down my preferred for hunting.

Goody2525

FNG
Nock 2 it

I have three of them. Switched from a Too Simple to these to increase the head length a little and to try two-finger style. Turns out I still pretty much shoot them three-fingered with them because of the little nub. I really like having the finger hole better than not, it is easier to range and manipulate other objects with it in my hand than with the Too Simple's open finger design. I also really like the little tether hole, which I run a length of D-loop material through and hook it to a clip on my bino harness. Another advantage over the Wise Choice/Too Simple is that the release body covers a little higher on the locking mechanism, which might help keep crud out of the spring and keep it from catching on something.

All in all it is a great release. I would strongly recommend it UNLESS you shoot a short axle to axle bow (32ish or less), in which case the Too Simple might be better because it has a shorter head. I shoot a Reign 7 and knowing what I think I know now about draw length/D-loop length in relation to string angles/axle-to-axle measurements I think I might be better of with the Too Simple, but alas I sold mine. I now run a very short D-loop so I can keep from anchoring way far back and still have slight string contact with my nose, but that is shooting Dudley straight arm style.

Hey Gumbo - are you looking to sell one of your Nock to It's?

rm06

WKR
Anybody have any experience with these releases? What are your likes and dislikes? I currently shoot a Carter Just B-Cuz. Just curious about everybody's thoughts.

The Nock 2 It was my first hand held release. I actually went to the Just B Cuz as the two finger draw was making me use too much forearm tension in an effort to hang onto the release when I was drawing the bow

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I would make sure you get on the notify mailing list, that’s what I had to do for my silverback. Check archerytalk and eBay also.

Zac

WKR
Stan makes a two finger as well. I think the sear mechanism on the Stan is probably crisper than any other release out there.

Dlarsen

FNG
Hadn’t even heard of that brand (FNG here). Thanks you for the idea, I’ll look into it.

tsm213

FNG
I had one and it was very nice. You can adjust the trigger for zero travel and still have it set pretty heavy. The November’s
Are pretty cold up here so I don’t like having the release hanging on my loop at -30. I found it a little slow to hook it up quickly if I kept it in my pocket.
I shoot a Stan now that has a hook style that hooks up to the loop in one motion with out having to press a button or can clip on the string also if it’s warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lytro

WKR
I switched to a Nock 2 It last year from a wrist strap, and I love it. I like how much you can adjust and tune it to exactly fit your needs. I'd say the only negatives I can think of is that's a little slower to clip on. I like to keep it on the D loop while on a stalk or in the stand, but I have bumped it a couple times walking with my bow and it's fallen off. Luckily it makes a loud enough click when triggered that you notice exactly when that happens.

Thanks for the feedback. I switched from the wrist strap last year and noticed a significant difference in my groups with the help of Dudley's videos. I like the Just B Cuz but am interested in the two finger for the reasons y'all mentioned.

Guess the trick now is to find one on the different forums. They sell quick!

There is a facebook group that is "just releases", i believe that is the name....i have seen a few on there. might wanna check there