Peep sight and paper tune question

pingpong7

FNG
My bow is perfectly paper tuned, however i feel like my peep sight needs to be slughtly lowered by maybe 1/4”. If i slide my peep down, will I have to re paper tune my bow?

Jbehredt

WKR
No. If you bump your sight housing down a smidge as well you won’t have to re sight in either. Sight alignment doesn’t affect tune. A rest, nock or cam timing adjustment would.

Gumbo

WKR
But your peep will likely be rotated out of position slightly with a 1/4 inch move. You might have to twist the string to bring it back into position, maybe even flip it over so you are adding twists vs. removing them, and readjust/replace your D loop because it will move with the twists too.

Beendare

WKR
But your peep will likely be rotated out of position slightly with a 1/4 inch move. You might have to twist the string to bring it back into position, maybe even flip it over so you are adding twists vs. removing them, and readjust/replace your D loop because it will move with the twists too.

Good point...but if your peep isn't right then move it as you don't want to be making minor adjustments at the moment of truth. I see guys on the range nuzzling in to their anchor...trying to get it just right. This can work against you on a bowhunting shot...slows you down, adds one more step, makes it not fluid, etc. I've had buddies say...."I couldn't get a shot, it happened fast"...yeah, well they were dinking around with their anchor too long and lost the shot window.
>>------>

Try this; Draw your bow quick with your eyes closed and anchor. [a couple times] Then open your eyes. Your peep should be perfectly oriented to your eye....if not move it until it does.

Gumbo

WKR
Good point...but if your peep isn't right then move it as you don't want to be making minor adjustments at the moment of truth.

In no way was I suggesting not moving it, if it ain't the right height you HAVE to move it or else your head/anchor point/form goes to hell. I was just pointing out that an adjustment requiring a press would be needed, not necessarily a change in tune, but an accompanying adjustment nonetheless.