Which Bow Sight (single or multipin)

Etexag

FNG
I currently have an HHA Single pin Kingpin on my bow. I like the ability to have one pin and adjust out to 100 yards. However, I am worried about it for elk and hunts where I’ll have to make quick yardage decisions. I use the single pin when hunting a tree stand so I have never really needed quick adjustment.

I also own a 5 pin spot hog. I used for my last elk hunt. It’s fast but not adjustable. The multiple pins can be hard sightinging sometimes. I think this might be a safer route even though I like shooting the HHA better.

Help me decide for this next elk season. Should I keep the adjustable single pin, switch back to the 5 pin Spot hog or ditch both for something new.

Thanks for the help.

Hunter6

WKR
I have a four pin slider. For me it’s the best of both. I can adjust on the longer shots but still have 20-50 for the quick and close shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
I was in your position a couple years ago (had an hha and 7 pin axcel) and just bit the bullet and got an Option 6 sight from Trophy Taker (now option archery). I can't say enough good things about it and I can't see my self using any other sight again! As far as adjusting it goes, it has a single slider pin that slides in front of the back fixed pins. So I sight in the slider using the sight tapes and then line up each fixed pin with the slider (I hope this makes sense.)

Merc

FNG
My next is going to be a 4 pin slider. IQ had them in Promotive, so I'll probably pick one up there.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Option Archery is what I have been using, best of both worlds.

Single pin slider when I want and fixed pins when I need them. It's built to last a lifetime.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a fast Eddie xl 3 pin and absolutely love it. Came a fixed 5 pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShakeDown

WKR
I shoot a MBG 3 pin slider, 20, 30 and 40yd pins. Center pin is my float. If I’m stand hunting in the east the three distances are all I really need, and when I head west I’m good out to 120yds. Way more range than I’ll ever need. I like the three pin because there is less clutter in my sight picture.

Love this sight. Really bright fibers and absolutely bulletproof. Lifetime warranty. New 2018 models have all three axis adjustments. I have been looking for a 6” dovetail base to add to mine and it will be perfection.

Jbehredt

WKR
MBG 5 pin slider for me. Good to 60 without adjusting so once the season opens I lock it down and leave it. Practice to 100 is easy to swing as well. Best of both worlds imo. A 3 pin slider would clear some clutter and past 40 yards you’d like to think you’d have time to adjust but I like the simplicity of not having to adjust when it’s game time.

OP
E

Etexag

FNG
Thanks everyone that clarifies my thoughts. Anyone want to buy a left hand HHA kingpin?

I have a 2 pin slider on both my Xpeditions- one's a fast eddie and the other is a tek hybrid pro. I'll never own a single pin again. With the double pin, you can use one pin as your primary and the second as a backup in case you need to make an adjustment at full draw. Worst case scenario you will have an idea where an animal is yardage-wise and can bracket it with the two pins if you know it's beyond one yardage but not quite as far as the other pin's yardage. The cbe sight is nice because you can add pins to the scope as you need them. I got it as a single, but have since added the second, but have the option to add an almost unlimited number to it.

N2TRKYS

WKR
HHA makes a 3 pin head that you can swap out on your Kingpin. They would be cheaper than ditching yours and buying another.

kicker338

WKR
Can't help you with my current sight as it doesn't have any pins LOL. For a pin sight I used a spot hog 5 pin with 2 pins removed. The 3 pins were sighted in for 40, 50, and 60yds. practiced holding low for shots under 40yds and never shot at anything over 60yds. Those 3 pins gave me all I needed, a slider is way too slow for me here in Nth. Idaho and more than 3 pins is too much clutter and too easy to grab the wrong pin with more than 3 pins.

OP
E

Etexag

FNG
HHA makes a 3 pin head that you can swap out on your Kingpin. They would be cheaper than ditching yours and buying another.

Thats what I was hoping. I emailed them a couple weeks ago but the bastards didn't reply.

I have a left handed MBG 3 pin ascent verdict that's never been mounted i'd be willing to sell if you're interested.

Can't help you with my current sight as it doesn't have any pins LOL. For a pin sight I used a spot hog 5 pin with 2 pins removed. The 3 pins were sighted in for 40, 50, and 60yds. practiced holding low for shots under 40yds and never shot at anything over 60yds. Those 3 pins gave me all I needed, a slider is way too slow for me here in Nth. Idaho and more than 3 pins is too much clutter and too easy to grab the wrong pin with more than 3 pins.

Does this mean you bought the Garmin?!

kicker338

WKR
Does this mean you bought the Garmin?!

LOL NO. The garmin is not legal for hunting here in Idaho and even if it were I wouldn't use one , way too expensive. I use the EZV sight, been using it for a yr now and very satisfied with it. There are no electronics, no pins and it's built like a Sherman tank. They take a little getting use to but once there it's hard to think of going back to a pin sight. They are real popular with older hunters like me who's eyes are not what they used to be. The big thing with us is no pins to blur. Type in EZV and you can see a bunch of vids on it.

LOL NO. The garmin is not legal for hunting here in Idaho and even if it were I wouldn't use one , way too expensive. I use the EZV sight, been using it for a yr now and very satisfied with it. There are no electronics, no pins and it's built like a Sherman tank. They take a little getting use to but once there it's hard to think of going back to a pin sight. They are real popular with older hunters like me who's eyes are not what they used to be. The big thing with us is no pins to blur. Type in EZV and you can see a bunch of vids on it.

Haha yeah I saw you were in Idaho, so I was wondering what you were using. I'll be headed to Idaho here in a few months for the big move. I've heard of the EZV, but I'm pretty happy with my setup now.

I have the Spott Hogg Grinder 5pin. It works great, micro-adjustable and rugged. Never have had a problem. The reason I like multipin, is if an animal moves after you draw, you are not stuck and you can simply just use another pin depending on if you need to shoot further or closer.

HookUp

WKR
MBG Pure single pin. I can shoot 20-30-40 by holding under or over a few inches