help choosing specific bow sight

Blaw

WKR
i know this has been discussed before, but mine is specific.

I hunt in western alberta canada, foothills of the rockies. for elk and deer

I have a 7pin fixed sight....way to cluttered for shots over 40yrds

I am looking at these three sights

Montana black gold 3 pin slider

Spothogg fast eddie single pin

Spothogg fast eddie double pin.

My concerns, if I go with 3 pin, im dealing with clutter, although not as much (the spothoggs have a single post)

is the double pin really that big of a deal over the 1 pin?

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a fast Eddie xl 3 pin and absolutely love it. I’m coming from a fixed 5 pin cbe

I did
.19 green
.19 red
.10 green

And couldn’t be happier. Not cluttered at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

WKR
I have a fast Eddie xl and hogg father, both double pin. The one thing that I will say about having a double pin or 3 pin is that it will allow you to shoot at longer distances before running into clearance issues. Since the single pin is in the center of the housing, you have half the diameter of the housing below the pin that can contact the fletchings. You can always put a mark toward the bottom of the post or use the top of the level as a pin, but a double pin will give you an extra 10 yards, 3 pin even more. Just something to consider. Obviously peep height will effect this some. I started to run out of clearance around 85. Obviously this is only a consideration if you are going to practice out to 100 or more

Mbg verdict 5 pin slider it works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lawnboi

WKR
I have a fast Eddie double pin, and want to get a three pin head for it.

If you want the one pin post I see no disadvantage to the double and don't see why a hunter would want a single. I see the double pin as the perfect treestand setup, for me Atleast. Out west I want to be able to shoot 40 without adjustment, hence why I want the 3 pin. Less clutter, but still a site I can shoot long.

All of them would probably do you good, if it were me I'd scratch the single pin off the list and replace it with a mulit pin sliding Hogg.

props for the MBG 3 pin slider. I love mine and with it I've increased my distance out to 70.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
I have a fast Eddie double pin, and want to get a three pin head for it.

If you want the one pin post I see no disadvantage to the double and don't see why a hunter would want a single. I see the double pin as the perfect treestand setup, for me Atleast. Out west I want to be able to shoot 40 without adjustment, hence why I want the 3 pin. Less clutter, but still a site I can shoot long.

All of them would probably do you good, if it were me I'd scratch the single pin off the list and replace it with a mulit pin sliding Hogg.

are you concerned about clutter with the three different pins as opposed to a single post?

J8tnub

FNG
Had a MBG ascent verdict. Switched to a fast Eddie xl double pin. No regrets at all. The double pin makes it nice to not have to adjust. You know the yardages the pins are if it’s in between you gap the pins.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Had a MBG ascent verdict. Switched to a fast Eddie xl double pin. No regrets at all. The double pin makes it nice to not have to adjust. You know the yardages the pins are if it’s in between you gap the pins.

that double pin, im assuming the difference between pins varies with bow setup/speed? for some its 15yrds some 10? would that be safe to say?

big44a4

WKR
that double pin, im assuming the difference between pins varies with bow setup/speed? for some its 15yrds some 10? would that be safe to say?

Correct. And depends what you have it set at. Longer distances the yardage gap is smaller. Currently can squeak out 145 yards of clearance with my double pin for offseason setup and hunting arrow runs around 105 yards max clearance. Nice for long range practice and personally like view of single vertical post. Can’t go wrong with either sight. Biggest question is single vertical post or horizontal pins. Then decide from there as both options have 3 pins available.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Correct. And depends what you have it set at. Longer distances the yardage gap is smaller. Currently can squeak out 145 yards of clearance with my double pin for offseason setup and hunting arrow runs around 105 yards max clearance. Nice for long range practice and personally like view of single vertical post. Can’t go wrong with either sight. Biggest question is single vertical post or horizontal pins. Then decide from there as both options have 3 pins available.

hang on i didnt know there was a 3pin verticle post available in a slide, who makes that?? that would be ideal

big44a4

WKR
hang on i didnt know there was a 3pin verticle post available in a slide, who makes that?? that would be ideal

No I meant the 3 pin options are horizontal. But you can always sight in the top middle of your bubble and even the bottom of sight ring (centered on bubble) with the double pin. Just make a mark for the gap at a shorter distance much like how the double pointer works. I did this for my double pin since I don’t have the double pointer and would make more marks on part of sight that doesn’t move if I wanted to have a pin for bubble or beyond. Obviously if you are buying sight now it will come with double pointer. Cameron Hanes used to make whiteout dots on post for other pins (then use same method for marking it to be able to shoot that pin using the tape). Let me know if that doesn’t make any sense.

I have a Fast Eddie XL double pin and I use the intersection of the vertical pin post with the sight level as my third aiming point. I then use the screw that holds the pointer as my third dial reference, not exact but I practice with it often and I am very comfortable shooting out to 80 yards with it. So my top pin is set at 20, second pin is at 40, and my makeshift aiming mark is at 63. So without moving my sight, i am good from 0-65 yards. If I have time I will move the sight, if I don't have time I am still confident I can make an ethical kill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
are you concerned about clutter with the three different pins as opposed to a single post?

Iv shot 5 pins without problem, I just prefer to dial it for longer range shots, and it's nice for 3D. I like the Hogg multi pin heads much more than mbg. Prefer the wire for gap shots and like the adjustment system more on the Hogg. If your that worried about clutter, and are okay with only shooting to 35-40 depending on speed, without adjustment I think you would be happy with the double pin.

PREZ

FNG
Option Archery....can't be the Option 6 sight....fixed pins with a flip out window to expose a single pin out to about 100 yards. You can order any number of fixed pins you want on your sight. Built like a tank.