New Bow , Old Rest, Old Sight

uster19

FNG
I have decided to buy a new bow this year since mine is 8 yo. I will put my Black Gold sight on my new bow but I am debating about my rest. I currently have a QAD Hunter drop away rest but have had issues with my fletching hitting the rest. I have messed with it and couldn't get it solved. I had a new string put on this past fall and had the shop tune it and it still hits.

Are there other drop aways that don't have this issue?

Another question. I have a Black Gold Ascent Verdict sight. I love the sight but when I setup the sight tape I can't go past about 80 yards before the fletching gets real close to clipping the bottom of the sight. Is there a certain way to set it up for more clearance?

Thanks.

murf45

WKR
I have decided to buy a new bow this year since mine is 8 yo. I will put my Black Gold sight on my new bow but I am debating about my rest. I currently have a QAD Hunter drop away rest but have had issues with my fletching hitting the rest. I have messed with it and couldn't get it solved. I had a new string put on this past fall and had the shop tune it and it still hits.

Are there other drop aways that don't have this issue?

Another question. I have a Black Gold Ascent Verdict sight. I love the sight but when I setup the sight tape I can't go past about 80 yards before the fletching gets real close to clipping the bottom of the sight. Is there a certain way to set it up for more clearance?

Thanks.

there are several things you can do. Bring the housing closer to the bow to lessen the pin gaps. You can also move the sight housing up and the pins down to give yourself more clearance. I'm not sure where you anchor your hand, but if its on your cheek/ear area you can lower your anchor point to your chin bone to get more distance. (check out John Dudley for reference)

OP
U

uster19

FNG
Thanks. I will have to check that out. I figured going to a bow that is 30-40fps faster than my current one would also have an impact.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would also add that i would bet your rest isn't set up correctly or you have an internal part not working. QAD makes a fine rest and it should be out of the way long before your fletching would contact it if it is set up correctly.