Garmin Xero Bow Sights

There has been a pretty strong response thus far to the new Garmin Xero sight!

We are taking pre-orders now on these. You can pre order now thru our website or you can pm or email or call.

Garmin is telling us late next month on delivery.

If you have questions or want to check pricing feel free to contact us!

Don't forget to ask about the Rokslide Special!

g1.jpg g2.jpg

GotDraw?

WKR
Pricey, but slick as hell!

Probably not permitted in several western states (no electronic devices allowed on bow), but ok in Maryland for deer and bear.

JL

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Hate to bust your bubble, but thats not bow hunting. Might as well use a cross bow. I have a certain pride in being a skilled archer that can estimate ranges and have enough knowledge of my bow to know what pin to use. This seems like an attempt to appeal to hunters that want to expend their hunting season without putting in the work associated with bow hunting. Bow hunting is supposed to be hard. It is a discipline. That is what makes it fun. But, in America, we have to make everything easier for people that don't want to work hard, so this makes sense. Not trying to be difficult, but bow hunting more than any form of hunting is something I cherish. Sucks we have to cheapen it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Hate to bust your bubble, but thats not bow hunting. Might as well use a cross bow. I have a certain pride in being a skilled archer that can estimate ranges and have enough knowledge of my bow to know what pin to use. This seems like an attempt to appeal to hunters that want to expend their hunting season without putting in the work associated with bow hunting. Bow hunting is supposed to be hard. It is a discipline. That is what makes it fun. But, in America, we have to make everything easier for people that don't want to work hard, so this makes sense. Not trying to be difficult, but bow hunting more than any form of hunting is something I cherish. Sucks we have to cheapen it.

So why don't you hunt with a stick bow?

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
The essence of archery is that it's a discipline that requires practice and skill to be proficient. It seems that this sight attempts to reduce the effort to the point that one hardly needs to practice, or have discipline to gain proficiency. A stick bow is the ultimate, and with my love of archery I am sure I will get into it. I highly respect those that do it, and I would say those that do it well are undoubtably better bow hunters than I am. Part of the reason I hunt compound, is because it allows me the ability to enjoy archery and put meat in the freezer in a more substantial way. If I just wanted to kill something during archery season, without having to practice much, I would shoot a crossbow.

I'm sure one can make the argument that this sight will provide a more ethical kill. I could be wrong, but I imagine it wont be bought by many that have an established proficiency with their bows. Maybe I am wrong, maybe this sight will scratch an itch for those looking for something new out of archery. I am guessing it will appeal most to those without a background in archery, at which point the efficacy of the kill(s) is inherently diminished.

If I am not mistaken, you have a background in shooting a stick bow. Do you think that this sight is in line with the essence of archery? If you were to teach a kid how to shoot, would you set him or her up with this sight for the long term? There is just something special, maybe even sacred about archery. I believe it is the discipline needed to be proficient, that allows the art of the sport to remain intact.

After my initial post, I realized that the OP is a sponsor. With all do respect, I appreciate the support of Rokslide. Rokslide has helped make me the hunter I am. I support the sponsor and mean no ill harm. This is simply my opinion of the use of technology in archery.

dotman

WKR
So do you own and use optics, rangefinder, wool clothing, carbon arrows, etc? Shouldn’t you only hunt in a deer skin? I mean I don’t get how you can even say anything if you use any technology other then what the Native Americans used.

colonel00

WKR
l7tsGJWfHhtT6WbcOG3Gv3g5XyIBXk1QwoUUp6fDu13DCKYzj0RynWRskdJTuQCQibbDrOVshuBPctKv272cHQBdITgUG294GLsz3Vei5SnQRYHSnOdMdFVY-HZFdeno6-wvE1hzfuM5OlTZqymYt5GSgkg3yif1cb-xqUfzLSd9kSNw6Lew_g9jAJbTRAQ7cR2DnpEFMuxXzylStn0yXnk7KCmXqdctQUVQS6MBPl6z2CyYGB03KjlsOBc52nsriWnmeuoDwK7vVP48bWIvOpcfbjzwPSyhY7e-Tf48hABcvFku14gxL5Tz96N7ytfRQo918_DSyeBZQj_XoBe--dpuxso-muSzmEAP8xFNvqZPDZY0vVx9dsGGswoQE49oyOLV8NBzwMEhzhC-gnKDGSx0c67vMMJUVjmKNCuXC9wZI9Q0cwg7nxu-W3JbkmSGrAx2gUYKvHN6otsf4ZcVEsxrczj8LXQeaU64ezGbXS_d7ztKlv5ok-RoLHOg0ezvXNtvazqpu2XSKxZ8NlUkdW3cIHV2fSObSn4AETOBXuNpm-N6_DjzY6zIILfQ6yCBJPIcMtiZ4-nW4Jum1V-0hZrpODwBmt8GqiJ1xvY_nwhYLRQ90bjJLIIgQpF1cpqb58MFIQm3MSBPKZACWWYuy3_2f4KCtBAjjg=w401-h699-no

:D

I think it's pretty cool technology myself

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
It sounds as though my perspective is different from most. I got into hunting initially d/t my love of archery as a kid. I shot my first game animal/deer with a bow.. I'm not stating this to prove anything, only to establish that I see archery as separate and as important as hunting itself. It stands alone in its own right. Many guys on here probably see archery simply as a tool for harvest. I suppose I see it as a meditation. Its something you attempt to attain perfection in, knowing you will never get there. Its the difficulty for me that makes it fun. Thanks for sharing your opinions.

jmez

WKR
Not sure where all the angst against this site is coming from? It is simply a single pin slider and range finder rolled into one. It isn't going to inherently "increase accuracy." It is simply a sight. You still have to manually take the dot and place it on the spot on the target, keep it there and execute the shot. It doesn't aim, hold of shoot for you. It is simply and electronic dot rather than a metal pin with a fiber optic.

dotman

WKR
It sounds as though my perspective is different from most. I got into hunting initially d/t my love of archery as a kid. I shot my first game animal/deer with a bow.. I'm not stating this to prove anything, only to establish that I see archery as separate and as important as hunting itself. It stands alone in its own right. Many guys on here probably see archery simply as a tool for harvest. I suppose I see it as a meditation. Its something you attempt to attain perfection in, knowing you will never get there. Its the difficulty for me that makes it fun. Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Compounds today are super easy to become proficient with, many of us here hunt archery, muzzleloader and rifle and don’t thump our chests on any of them. Take Ryan, he hunts trad bow and long range rifle, both take extreme skills.

So to come here, thump your chest and tell us what is “real” hunting probably isn’t the best approach, you’ll find more like minded people at P&Y and bowsite.

I also see you think your family should get a reduced tag price in MT because you moved there a few years ago.

I’m seeing a theme here I swear. Technology is neat and your first goal should be an ethical kill. Instead of being anti technology sit back and really look at the products, then see if it makes you a more ethical hunter that still needs skills or if it makes your decisions for you. I’ve seen veteran hunters like Cory Jacobson miss judge distances and shoot under an elk. I’m sure you’ve done the same as have all of us that archery hunt.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The essence of archery is that it's a discipline that requires practice and skill to be proficient. It seems that this sight attempts to reduce the effort to the point that one hardly needs to practice, or have discipline to gain proficiency. A stick bow is the ultimate, and with my love of archery I am sure I will get into it. I highly respect those that do it, and I would say those that do it well are undoubtably better bow hunters than I am. Part of the reason I hunt compound, is because it allows me the ability to enjoy archery and put meat in the freezer in a more substantial way. If I just wanted to kill something during archery season, without having to practice much, I would shoot a crossbow.

I'm sure one can make the argument that this sight will provide a more ethical kill. I could be wrong, but I imagine it wont be bought by many that have an established proficiency with their bows. Maybe I am wrong, maybe this sight will scratch an itch for those looking for something new out of archery. I am guessing it will appeal most to those without a background in archery, at which point the efficacy of the kill(s) is inherently diminished.

If I am not mistaken, you have a background in shooting a stick bow. Do you think that this sight is in line with the essence of archery? If you were to teach a kid how to shoot, would you set him or her up with this sight for the long term? There is just something special, maybe even sacred about archery. I believe it is the discipline needed to be proficient, that allows the art of the sport to remain intact.

After my initial post, I realized that the OP is a sponsor. With all do respect, I appreciate the support of Rokslide. Rokslide has helped make me the hunter I am. I support the sponsor and mean no ill harm. This is simply my opinion of the use of technology in archery.

Kingfisher don't take it personally, but it seems many in the compound community love to pick and choose the amount of technology he or she is comfortable with, which is a lot just in the "bow" itself. Then they shit on anyone who dares use more technology. I've never understood that.

colonel00

WKR

I think hunting with a bow takes a lot of practice and skill. It is probably as close as you can get to the animal and to the nature of truly "hunting". However, your statement of "thats(sic) not bow hunting" comes off as elitist and self-centered. You have your perception of what bow-hunting is and that's fine as it's what you've defined it as. However, I'd venture to guess that the gentleman in the photo above would have the same sentiment towards any "bow-hunting" you've ever done just as you do towards newer technology. You don't have to use new technology in your hunts and that's fine. However, to enter a thread just to post a negative comment because this item doesn't fit your own construct of what bow-hunting "should" be is just silly and counterproductive.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Ryan, Feel free to remove my post, it seems to have offended some. Part of why I like this site is because it allows for growth and is moderated well. The comments were not aimed to anyone specific. I will refrain from sharing potentially controversial opinions in the future. Sorry for rubbing you the wrong way dotman, I didn't realize I was offending you directly.

colonel00

WKR
There's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion but share it in a constructive way. Instead of starting your initial comment with "Hate to bust your bubble, but thats not bow hunting.", perhaps a different wording and an open perspective would have been better. How about "You know, I'm not big into adding new technology as I like to keep my bow hunting as simply as I can to stay closer to the essence of where it began but this is some interesting technology for those that are interested". If you want to discuss the evolution of technology and how it may not match up with your views on what bow hunting should or should not be, start a thread and we can have a good discussion. However, to enter someone else's thread just to say basically "You're doing it wrong!" just comes off as abrasive.

dotman

WKR
I guess it’s your approach that did it, don’t take it personal, this site just isn’t bowsite, little more open minded of a place here. I have zero problem with anyone not liking this technology, just try not to be so superior with your style 😉

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Kingfisher, this is the whole point of Rokslide. Good open debate without belittling people. We are all entitled to our own opinion but not our own facts:) Its just a matter of time before someone jumps on this thread that agrees with you.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't agree that it's all or nothing for technology in archery. Everyone knows this bow sight gives an added advantage how big of a difference is where opinions really start to differ. I know you guys hate to agree but out there some where technology crosses the line of no longer being fair chase.
It's been largely a individual choice for long time to work within the parameters of the rules. Now with everyone looking for a edge over the other guy or shortcut to get results without the time investment companies with new technology are pumping plenty of money into lobbying to change the rules and push the edge further and further.
Does anyone believe there is no line out there any more and getting the kill is more important than the pursuit? Where is that line for you?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yet another “my ethics are better than your ethics” debates. *RollEyes* If you don’t like something, don’t do it; but, for God’s sake, don’t judge other hunters that do! I’m all-for anything that makes it more likely that someone will make a good shot. That translates into less wounded game that isn’t recovered but ends up feeding coyotes and wolves. Personally, I don’t care if you shoot a compound, stick or crossbow. If you’re using an arrow and a broadhead your a bowhunter and if it gets you out in the woods to hunt and carry on the American tradition of hunting, “good on ya!” If you hunt with a ELR rig or a lever gun and open sites and you get out in the woods, “good on ya!” To me, the most unethical thing in hunting is bashing other hunters.

This has nothing to do with the pursuit. The pursuit is always more important than the kill. This is simply another tool in the proverbial quiver. Native people were all about the kill - the point was about the harvest, not the pursuit. That guy in the picture would have grabbed an M60 if he’d have had access and it would have made it easier to feed his family. I’m pretty sure they would shake their heads in amazement at a discussion of the “ethics” of hunting. Lol!

Love the Xero but it’s more than I can spend on a bow site. Hopefully the price will come down one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
This is a pretty cool contraption. Not legal in MT though.

Besides, even struggle sticks are too much technology. Manual strangulation really gets you closer to nature.

RyanCmns

WKR
I think its cool technology however as BrushyHillGuide said theres no way i would drop that much $ on a site! It will be interesting to see issues people have with it in fog/rain/snow