Total length of centergy hybrid and compatible bow case

TheCougar

WKR
Anyone know the total, complete, end-to-end length of the Centergy Hybrid (I'll take the width too, if anyone has that)? I know the ATA is 35.25, but I need to know how much more the cams add to the length before I buy a case. I'm looking for a bow case that will fit it. If anyone has a recommendation for a good case, I'm all ears. I'm considering the SKB 3i-4214 and the SKB SC4117.

My 29” draw Rival just fits in my Prime soft case, which I really like. It will hold two bows, accessories, arrow tube, Bow quiver, etc. In fact a spare Bow with no quiver goes in a separate compartment.

I am hunting right now and have no tape, but it around 35-1/4” axle to axle and 40-1/2” overall. The Prime case just fits in a XL Cabelas rolling duffel that is 42” Long for airline travel. You can fit a bunch of gear in it pus the Bow case. I filled to just under 50#s and had a modest oversized fee to pay at the airport. I bet the Bow you are asking about would be very close in length.

Good luck with it!

bbrown

WKR
Going thru this search right now for my new Prime Centergy (non-hybrid) as it wont fit in my old Plano case. Also trying to decide if its worth jumping up to the higher end SKB or go back to the cheapo Plano hard case.

For what its worth my Centergy comes in at just under 38.5" long cam to cam and 14.5" deep from string to the face of the MBG Ascent Verdict 5 pin slider on a 4" dovetail. Add on my 8" Bee Stinger stab and i need a case with at least 17" inside width/depth.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Going thru this search right now for my new Prime Centergy (non-hybrid) as it wont fit in my old Plano case. Also trying to decide if its worth jumping up to the higher end SKB or go back to the cheapo Plano hard case.

For what its worth my Centergy comes in at just under 38.5" long cam to cam and 14.5" deep from string to the face of the MBG Ascent Verdict 5 pin slider on a 4" dovetail. Add on my 8" Bee Stinger stab and i need a case with at least 17" inside width/depth.

That's almost my exact setup, only with the hybrid. I hate my large pillar lock plano. It's really wide, flimsy, and annoying to latch. I don't want to pay $200 for a bow case, but every time I use my plano I feel the hate rising...

BB if you travel the SKB is well worth the money. I run a soft case for daily activities and local shoots, but whenever I hit the road or fly I use the SKB. Unless I use it, I dont see it wearing out in my lifetime.

I at one time had that Plano, and cannot say I was super happy with it. it did the job, but didn't last like i thought it would, and a couple of the latches broke. although they did fix them no questions asked, so they did stand behind their product.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I don’t know if anyone ever answered this question... what is the total end to end length of a centergy hybrid?!?

bbrown

WKR
Not a clue but good luck!

I don’t love how it fits because of the location of the pillars but the regular Centergy fits minus the stabilizer and I would think the longer Hybrid should fit as well. If the pillars were spaced just a bit different it would fit much better and probably even fit the stabilizer too.

b8wAmbZ.jpg
[/IMG]
s14m0Sv.jpg
[/IMG]

Not a ton of room between the sight or the rest cord with the pillars but it works. The more I play with the case and the latches the more I like it - much better construction than the cheapos.

View attachment 66759

View attachment 66760

Last edited:
OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Bump. Still looking if anyone is running a hybrid in a skb case, and if so, which one. Specifically interested in the 4214 or 4217.

bbrown

WKR
I think the 4214 will be too tight in the length and the width on the sight will be too close if you run the sight out on the dove tail. I'm leaning towards the 4217 myself