updating arrow rest

BlackFlag

FNG
Good afternoon,

I currently have a whisker biscuit installed on my Hoyt Pro Defiant Turbo and I want to try a drop away rest. My question, and confusion, stems from not having an idea if I should go with a rest that's tied off to a cable or a limb.

My plans for the set up is back country elk, Mule and Coues deer, with some turkey hunting here in the south west. Any advise or direction is appreciated.

if needed: 2017 Hoyt Pro Defiant Turbo, 28" @ 70lbs.

slowelk

WKR
I just switched from a cable-driven QAD to the limb-driven Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro. What I read before the switch was that limb driven was more reliable and more easily repaired in the field should something go wrong with the connection point. Those are the two points that pushed me to make a change. The cable driven QAD had been fine for me, but I upgraded my bow and kept the six year old QAD last year, so I went for a rest upgrade this year.

I really liked the TT Smackdown pro, if the bow i bought used didnt come with a QAD i would have run one again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a ripcord code red and have used it for 5 years now. It started to slow drop in cold conditions this past November so I emailed ripcord and they said it was probably a timing issue but I could send it in if I would like. Well I sent it in so they could remedy the problem and I had a brand new rest show up in the mail today so I would give ripcord an A+ for costumer service. And that problem was the first one I had for the whole time I have owned the ripcord. Any of your rest that have a mechanical element have a chance of failure, so it can happen with any of them.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've been using a QAD HDX for about 4 years and haven't had any issues. This is my first drop away rest, though.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I won’t own a rest that you have to cock. Limb driven trophy taker smackdown here.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either will work just fine. There are pros and cons to each also. I think both can be fixed in the field with the same amount of ease also. I would just make sure to buy a quality rest and there shouldn't be much to worry about.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I won’t own a rest that you have to cock.

That's the nice thing about the QAD HDX......you can cock it, or just draw the bow. Works the same either way.

What's your beef with limb-driven for hunting?

Haven't found one I like yet. I've tried the Hamskea, LD Pro V, and have the regular LD on another bow already. I want the capture launcher "up" before drawing the bow, and staying up after letting down. The QAD HDX has been the best option I have seen for me and my style of hunting.