Custom string recommendations

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
Hogwire. Several sets on different bows. They don't budge. JBK are solid as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
I am not sure who will putting them on for you or what they charge. I would look at Carters Archery in Saint Joesph MO. They will restring and tune the bow for what most strings cost or a little more.

Hunthigh1

WKR
For god sakes?! Never realized there were soo many options... what the heck is the difference?

I have only had winners choice and i like them because their water/dirt resistant coating seems to work well enough and my peep doesnt twist like the only string i had prior to that. . . . i believe it is due to their extensive pre stretching process. . .

Are these guys all using BCY-X? Are they pre-stretching their strings? Why are their soooo many string builders out there?

tonarcher

FNG
Tom Parkinson ,Park n Sons Archery,Have had several sets and all have been flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I knew there had to be more choices put there than just a couple and I appreciate all the info and I will be searching all the ones mentioned. My bow shop use a first string I believe and he will be putting on whatever ones I go with.

Just put a set on two nights ago from Hogwire and it was by far the easiest set I’ve ever put on anyone’s bow. Needed to add one half twist to one cable on an Elite Synergy to time the cams but I’m pretty sure I accidentally removed that half twist when removing the paper clip and straightening the cable. Shot enough to let the string settle in put it on the draw board and draw weight was 0.1 lbs different from the set I removed and DL matched within what I would call 1/64”. Two completely different string makers and I did a lot of tuning to the previous set. After I added the peep I needed to add one full twist into the string which shrunk my draw length 1/8” so then added one full twist to each cable and it’s back on. Not going to touch it anymore.

JLH208

WKR
For god sakes?! Never realized there were soo many options... what the heck is the difference?

I have only had winners choice and i like them because their water/dirt resistant coating seems to work well enough and my peep doesnt twist like the only string i had prior to that. . . . i believe it is due to their extensive pre stretching process. . .

Are these guys all using BCY-X? Are they pre-stretching their strings? Why are their soooo many string builders out there?

Materials make the biggest difference and yes the process too, but my bow shop steered away from Winners Choice a few years ago "due to material changes and poor quality control" but I never had bad luck with one. They were using Americas Best last year and I had a lot of serving unravel and some stretching, but I just got a Rogue R19 Pro put on a few weeks ago and had a tune up. Probably 500 arrows later nothing has changed, no stretching or anything. I love that they use clear serving (optional) i don't know if other companies do this?

- Jesse

Last edited:

Hunthigh1

WKR
My bow shop said the same. Winners Choice used to be THE string it seemed like, wonder what happened

- Jesse

hmmmm,

I have been very happy with my winners choice. . . but not much to compare it to. but my peep doesn't twist, and it seems to be showing very very little wear for how much i shoot.

JLH208

WKR
hmmmm,

I have been very happy with my winners choice. . . but not much to compare it to. but my peep doesn't twist, and it seems to be showing very very little wear for how much i shoot.

I imagine it's like anything, some guys will never have an issue and some guys will. For all I know my bow shop experienced bad customer service or something that didn't have to do with the string itself but they did mention the materials changed.

- Jesse