For Spot & Stalk Compound Bow Hunters Only

Ucsdryder

WKR
One! I can shoot to 40 if I have to without moving. Anything past that if I don’t have time to range and adjust pin I’m not shooting anyway! I converted from a 5 pin spot Hogg. I won’t ever go back.

TheCougar

WKR
Shot 7 pins for the last 7-8 years on a spot Hogg SDP. The longest shot i made was 67 yards. I just bought a MGB 5 pin slider. I’ll run 20-60 and dial beyond that. I changed because I wanted the ability to be a bit more precise at 60+, where gapping is both art and science.

Sodbuster

WKR
Tommy Hogg in both my bows set up the same way.
30-40-50 bottom pin the floater sighted in to 100 yds.

Green,yellow,green. On both.

Slim Jim

WKR
Tommy Hogg with a single .10 pin. Good out to 42 before having to touch the dial. I really like an upright pin as opposed to horizontal pins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an IQ Prohunter last fall. It has two stationary pins and one sliding pin. I like it so far but haven’t had a chance to shoot it as much as I’d like.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using SH Hunter 7-pin sights for the past 10 years. They are so set in my brain, it would be awkward to try anything else. I like the simplicity of being able to draw back and shoot any distance accurately out to 90 without needing to do anything else.

Manosteel

WKR
I have been bowhunting elk and moose in Alberta and B.C. for the last 20+ years. In that time I have tried just about every Archery sight configuration, from 1 pin to 7 to sliders. For me, Western hunting requires multiple pins, and a slider. I have been using MBG custom 4 pin slider: 30, 40, 50, 60. Green, green, red, green, for the last 3 years. Sight picture not to cluttered and I have the ability to stretch it out in need.

I use a 4 pin CBE slider. Pins set at 20, 30, 40 & 50. The 50yd pin then becomes the slider and it’s sighted in out to 110yds. Never shot at a game animal past 65....but I could, if I had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk