Bowsnatcher

Roksliders,

So I was watching the 2018 Badlands Film Festival and there was a piece in which the lady archer used this device to secure her bow to her pack without removing her pack. I'll be honest, it looks REALLY slick and something I am seriously contemplating purchasing. I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this. Bowsnatcher - Archery Hunting Product, Bow Holder, Custom Athletic Apparel

Any comments are welcome from persons who have actually used this item or know someone who has.

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, i've had one for about 18 months. I got the one with the clip, so i can use it on a belt or a pack etc.

Works very well, mainly use it on my belt to hold the bow while glassing. I spot and stalk 100%, never spent a second in a treestand, it just frees up a hand.
Also good for short trips where a pack isn't needed, i've put it on my AGC harness and walked for klm's with it. Never fallen out or even felt like it.

OP
NevadaZielmeister
Yep, i've had one for about 18 months. I got the one with the clip, so i can use it on a belt or a pack etc.

Works very well, mainly use it on my belt to hold the bow while glassing. I spot and stalk 100%, never spent a second in a treestand, it just frees up a hand.
Also good for short trips where a pack isn't needed, i've put it on my AGC harness and walked for klm's with it. Never fallen out or even felt like it.

Thank you Moose for your input. Greatly appreciated. I forgot to ask, but have you used it on your pack while crawling? The biggest bonus I see is when I am crawling on a stalk. I can see, especially where I hunt here in Nevada, how getting low and then being able to crawl more effectively is a huge plus, but I defer to your situation(s).

Beendare

WKR
I use a couple velcro attachments and a strap.

Slick idea. That said I can't think of a case where I would use it. When hiking I don't want my bow flopping around, too much potential to hook arrows, wear on strings, cables, etc....I want my bow tight.

When hunting I want my bow in my hand. Its hard enough to draw on animals with the movement, let alone reach over you head for your bow and all that...so carrying it that way in a hunting situation wouldn't work for me,YMMV.

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you Moose for your input. Greatly appreciated. I forgot to ask, but have you used it on your pack while crawling? The biggest bonus I see is when I am crawling on a stalk. I can see, especially where I hunt here in Nevada, how getting low and then being able to crawl more effectively is a huge plus, but I defer to your situation(s).

Haven't used it in that situation. The bow does 'flop' around easily, it always stays vertical to the ground through gravity. If you had it on the side of your pack you could use another strap to prevent it.
IMO, if you're crawling, you are usually on the final stages of a stalk and have the bow in your hand, which i've done quite a few times.
I also use the Kifaru Gunbearer for my bow when using a bigger pack, not much good for crawling in that position either, but, again, i've never crawled without it in my hand.

Trial153

WKR
I didn’t like it, used it for one full season to give it a good go around. I have several issues with it. None of which made it unusable but limited how easy and functional it was.

I am trying to remember what packs I used...crew cab, Metcalf, icon pro, I also ran a Kifaru that year in October but I don’t remember what bag.
First off....I could not get the bow into the unit with a pack on my back, I mean the amount of time and try’s it took it was way better to just take the pack off. If you can do the contortions needed to employ this thing more power to you...I couldn’t.

Secondly when the bow was deployed at no time was I comfortable with how loose it was in the sprocket . I always had to lash the bow to pack as well. If you don’t Lash the bow then if by chance you pushed up on the bow, climbing ...brush, bending over ...ect ect ...the bow can and will push out the sprocket...So if I needed lashing why did I need the weight of the bowsnatcher? I really tried to like this thing but couldn’t. Lastly it’s ungodly heavy.

Lashing coupled with a grab it or bottom hoop is way for secure and functional.

I picked one up last summer. My plan was to serve as cameraman for my wife, as she had a limited entry elk tag. In the area I am allowed a spike elk tag and we both had deer tag. So I was going to run camera but wanted my bow at the ready just in case.
I could not get used to it and never got a clean in/out while hunting. It worked well enough in the back yard but when ever I changed what was in my pack it didn’t work.
That being said I was using a exo pack and I believe it might work better on a pack without a lid. Actually I had multiple issues with it like it kept loosening my stabilizer whenever trying to hang it, heriste sling would get in the way so I bought a new stiff wrist sling, I tried mounting it above and below the zipper on the lid. I just couldn’t make it work.
I’ve still got it if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk