Single-bevels

Will_m

WKR
Anybody have any experience with some of the heavier single bevel heads out of their compound? Do they live up to the hype?

Jmock97

Lil-Rokslider
I have been shooting 200 grain cutthroats for the past two years and they have never let me down.

Ruskin

WKR
Jmock97 (and others) can you share the specifics of your set up? (e.g. arrow overall weight, arrowhead weight, speed, etc) thanks

Jmock97

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt carbon spyder 29” draw at 56lbs arrows are black eagle carnivores 300 spine 42 grain brass inserts 29” long 557 total weight. I think around 240 FPS

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been shooting the 200 gr abowyer screw in boneheads. After making the switch, there’s no going back... blood trails aren’t quite as good as a 3 or 4 blade, but for me it’s worth the trade off. I shot one bull quartering away, entered the at the last rib and half my arrow was hanging out the other side after going through the middle of the scapula. Everything else has been pass through, and the arrow buried in the dirt several yards beyond. Bottom line, it gives me the confidence that if something goes awry and I hit the shoulder that I will be able to penetrate.

Mathews Switchback XT 29/70
28.5” BE 300 rampage .001” shaft w/ 56 gr SS half out & 200 gr abowyer bonehead. (No issue with tuning. Shot right with field points. But I think I’m about maxed out for spine stability)
260 ish FPS (I’ve been shooting fixed pins out to 80 without issue, beyond that I think a guy would want to dial rather than split pins for odd yardage’s.)

Hopefully that’s the kind of info you were looking for...