HOYT REDWRX Carbon RX-1 Ultra build and review

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

Brendan

WKR
Tony - I'd love to see measurements of actual DW and DL combined with different weight arrows shot through a chrono to see how actual hunting speeds compare to the ATA rating.

Following.

Thanks for doing this. I don't have a new Hoyt but I always enjoy watching other people build their bows because I usually pick something up that I don't do myself. Nice looking bow too!

Oh, and I concur on the hats. Not everyone likes to cover their eyebrows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Perfect! I hope to be setting one up in a few months, I'll be following this. I've shot one a few times and like the feel. Dealers I use haven't been able to keep them on the shelves. They must be selling a ton of them.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
What was your reasoning on choosing the Ultra?

I have gotten dozens of messages asking why I didn’t go with the turbo like normal. Didn’t realize people were paying attention to it so close.

Truth is I will have both. Turbo is ordered and I’ll shoot both this year.
The longer axle to axle and less aggressive cam compared to the Turbo model will be a welcome treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a turbo coming that I'll be reviewing for those interested, but they still slow coming out so the wait is on.

Pretty interested to follow your progress Tony as the ultra was my second choice because I typically like the longer ATA.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Brendan

WKR
I'm very tempted to see if I could get Hoyt to build me an Ultra with the Turbo cams... Only thing I don't like about this year's turbo is the shorter A2A so far (Just from shooting in the shop, haven't ordered anything yet...)

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I'm very tempted to see if I could get Hoyt to build me an Ultra with the Turbo cams... Only thing I don't like about this year's turbo is the shorter A2A so far (Just from shooting in the shop, haven't ordered anything yet...)

Never heard of Hoyt doing that.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
they did last year through the custom shop for a $150-$200 upcharge...I had a cd turbo frame with turbo cams on it built for me...

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
No problem, I have thought about doing it for a long time. Pushed it to the back burner because I'm sensitive and fear criticism.....:D

I’ll be following as well! Thanks for doing this Tony

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
Wouldn't that be a regular turbo?

Not with the regular dfx cam. Not the turbo cam. It made it like the 2014 carbon spider turbo with a 340-343 Ibo with a smooth draw and larger valley

Not with the regular dfx cam. Not the turbo cam. It made it like the 2014 carbon spider turbo with a 340-343 Ibo with a smooth draw and larger valley

Defiant Turbo frame with the DFX cam on it, basically a Carbon Defiant with the smaller brace height.

Slim Jim

WKR
No problem, I have thought about doing it for a long time. Pushed it to the back burner because I'm sensitive and fear criticism.....:D

I hear ya, don’t get caught up in silly debates. Just put your knowledge out there because there are plenty who want hear what you have to say