Standard vs micro diameter arrows

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking about setting up a smaller diameter arrow? My question is how much tuning is involved, i.e. nock point, rest adjustments. I know it's not a plug and play but don't want to mess with my tune too much because my set up is shooting really well now with standard diameter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
You will basically be starting from scratch with the tune, as is the case anytime you try a new arrow. You may get lucky and they may shoot in your bow as is but I doubt it.

2blade

WKR
IMO, if the old arrow verses the new skinny arrow are spined identical, the only thing you might have to do is raise the rest a little bit.

FURMAN

WKR
That really depends on what “tuned” means to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

elkyinzer

WKR
Modern bows with drop aways are fairly idiot proof to tune. I haven't seen a compound bow porpoise bad in a decade.

Shoot helicals for some forgiveness. FOC probably helps in that regard also, long as you don't get too nuts with it.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Eaxctly! Small diameter arrows are the way to go for me, the only drawbacks I see are less choices in D6 BHs and can be more difficult to get a good helical when fletching.

IMO, if the old arrow verses the new skinny arrow are spined identical, the only thing you might have to do is raise the rest a little bit.