Broadheads for FMJ Injexion/deep six?

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, just curious what people are shooting for broadheads with the deep six insert. I have rage for deer hunting but I like fixed broadheads for elk, and my fixed broadheads now, don't quite shoot as good as I want them to.

The most forgiving fixed blade heads I’ve tested that are in Deep Six are: Iron Wills, Trophy Taker A-TACs, Solid Legends, Helix, Exodus, and Wacems.

Those all fly well out to 100 yds for me, with no adjustments from my field points. They are not as forgiving as field points, but with a well tuned bow, correct arrow spine, good FOC, helical fletching, and very consistent form (grip, back pressure at full draw, stance, arm position and release) those will all fly very well even at very long ranges. Wacems are too thin and weak for my taste, but the others are all top tier. Exodus is the most economical of the top tier Deep Six fixed heads, in my opinion. Iron Wills are the best. Helix don't have a big enough cut for me, even with the spiral wound channel. Solids have the biggest cut, if you go with the 125 gr model in 3/4" bleeders.

With a heavier arrow like a FMJ, I would make sure you have plenty of FOC. When I switched to a lighter shaft and heavier point/insert, my long range groups with fixed blades shrunk considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Super happy with my QAD Exedous heads for deep six. Tuned up real easy and they are wicked sharp. Zipped through a couple whitetails last year.

TBarron

WKR
Fell in love with Grave Digger COC 125g. They are super hard to find for some reason. About to give helix a whirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk