150g Deep Six

RAPTOR

WKR
Good call man! I’m going to try this. Did you shoot the turbo CST and compare it to the 80lb CST? Keep me posted on how you like your 80lb RX1. Seriously considering this route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll update when it comes in. I just built new arrows for it, and went with the new 55g Easton Half Outs. I won't be limited to deep six heads anymore and can shoot any normal broadhead with my 4mm FMJ injexions. With a 100g head it bumped me to 505 grains.

OP
TBarron

TBarron

WKR
I'll update when it comes in. I just built new arrows for it, and went with the new 55g Easton Half Outs. I won't be limited to deep six heads anymore and can shoot any normal broadhead with my 4mm FMJ injexions. With a 100g head it bumped me to 505 grains.

So I went to my bow shop today and they just happen to have an 80lb RX1 on the rack. Shot it a couple of times and fell in love. Didn’t feel like 80lbs and the back wall was rock solid. I actually found it much easier to draw than my 70lb CDT. Shot one of their arrows through the chrono and was getting 298FPS with a 504g arrow. Long story short...I pulled the trigger and now I’ve got some explaining to do with the wife

Last edited:
OP
TBarron

TBarron

WKR
Here’s how I ended up on this. Built out 280 spine FMJ Injexions with 2 inserts. Went with the VPA 150g double blade deep six with the 12g footer. VPA made a 138g deep six field point to run with the footer. Total arrow weight ended up at 571g. I haven’t shot it through a chrono, but man this set up hits like a freight train. I’m actually getting better arrow speeds as well and could had probably went heavier. My previous spot Hogg tape I was at 22 and this set up is at 25. I’ve ordered a single iron will deep six solid 150g and will be take out the bleeder blade which weighs 10g to balance the added 12g weight of the VPA footer and run some tests as well.