Increase Draw Weight

LDJ

FNG
I just put new strings on my Mathews No Cam. The axle to axle should be 32 but is currently 32-3/8. The draw weight should be 70 but its 66lbs right now. I have read that I need to add twist to the cables to correct this issue but I cant find where anyone has recommended twisting the bow string. It seems like they would all have to be adjusted. If so, how much should string be adjusted in relation to the cables. For example if I twisted the top and bottom cables 5 twists each how many times would I twist the string?

Thanks,

Beendare

WKR
Did you mark the cams....or no cams in your case when you had the bow perfectly tuned?

Mathews are notorious for being sensitive to Axle to axle measurements....so you want to keep that to spec.

then from there its all about cam timing and cam roll over.....and you do that by putting twists in the string. How that relates to your "no cam"I can't say exactly but would assume its the same.

icb12

FNG
I just put new strings on my Mathews No Cam. The axle to axle should be 32 but is currently 32-3/8. The draw weight should be 70 but its 66lbs right now. I have read that I need to add twist to the cables to correct this issue but I cant find where anyone has recommended twisting the bow string. It seems like they would all have to be adjusted. If so, how much should string be adjusted in relation to the cables. For example if I twisted the top and bottom cables 5 twists each how many times would I twist the string?

Thanks,

I'm not familiar with Mathews.. That said, in my experience:

Twisting (shortening) your cables will increase your weight, and draw length
Twisting (shortening) your string will actually decrease your weight while shortening your draw

I would twist/untwist everything accordingly until you're at factory ata/brace specs and check your draw weight then.

wapitibob

WKR
longer harness = longer a2a and lower poundage.

twist the string and the buss cables, or question the string maker on his product

OP
L

LDJ

FNG
I'm not familiar with Mathews.. That said, in my experience:

Twisting (shortening) your cables will increase your weight, and draw length
Twisting (shortening) your string will actually decrease your weight while shortening your draw

I would twist/untwist everything accordingly until you're at factory ata/brace specs and check your draw weight then.

So its a give and take relationship. Shortening the cables will shorten axle to axle and increase draw weight while increasing draw length. But, then when I shorten my string to get draw length correct I'm taking a step back in the draw weight.

Thanks