new peep sight

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
hey guys, just ordered a new set of strings and not sure which peep to go with. currently use a 1/4" RAD super duece. it has served me well but i'm the kind of guy who likes to change things just to change them. any solid recommendations? any to stay away from? anything new i haven't heard of?

Just make sure is the right size for the sight housing diameter
They should be the same size
When viewing thru the peep so you can consistently get a repeatable alignment

I use a 1/8" peep

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtnhntr

WKR
Watch the housing size...I went and bought the Hamskea InSight thinking it would be fine, and sure as shooting it didn’t fit any of my sight apertures. I run larger housings (2”) to accommodate 7 pins and the Hamskea wouldn’t open up enough with any of its sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed horizontal impact changes with lighting changes in the past. Previous two years I have used the Hamskea with inserts. I had trouble with that long peep still causing a little horizontal shift when even slightly rotated. Just recently installed Total Peep and I’m hoping this will still eliminate lighting changes causing horizontal and also not be so finicky with slight rotation. I always had good luck with G5 and RAD before.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a suggestion, but if lighting conditions are changing your impact, you could go to a sight with multiple rings on it. As the light changes the peep appearance changes and the multiple rings will still let you center everything up based on your current conditions.

As far as I am concerned specialty archery makes the best. You can fine tune your aperature with inserts, and add clarifiers and verifiers if needed(check your local regs)

Just a suggestion, but if lighting conditions are changing your impact, you could go to a sight with multiple rings on it. As the light changes the peep appearance changes and the multiple rings will still let you center everything up based on your current conditions.

Alignment isn’t what I am talking about. My peeps are sized so in direct bright sun I can just see the inner edge of the housing. In low light I have a small space around the housing.

What I am describing is in different lighting at varying angles the light reflection coming through the peep causes you to impact differently even if you are lined up consistently when compared to a different lighting condition.

Phil Mendoza I think did a YouTube video with a whiteboard markup of what is happening. John Dudley has discussed this several times in podcasts.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not really following what you are describing.

A Hamskea may eliminate any shadowing or glare.