Getting back into archery-setup

carter33

WKR
It has been years since I was into archery. I am diving back into it with quite a bit of enthusiasm. I have a local shop to help and plan on taking a few lessons. My yard backs up to a river and I have plenty of room to practice and shoot
daily. Below is my planned setup, I am hopeful for some suggestion/opinions especially regarding the sights for essentially a beginner.

-prime logic 70lb
-Carter like mike release
-Spott Hogg fast Eddie xl double pin
-hamskea micro rest

elkguide

WKR
The best advice that I can give you is get out there and visit every bow shop you can, shoot every bow that you can and have fun. As to giving you my recommendation, well the bow that feels perfect in my hand may feel bad in yours. Same with sights.... what I see well, may not look good to you. I'm a fixed 5 pin shooter, works well for my type of hunting. My hunting buddy will only use a single pin adjustable sight.

When you find the "PERFECT" set up....... just wait until next year and you just have to try the next perfect set up!!!!!

Looks like you’re hitting the ground running! All I would say to that would be that you need to be flexible. Give yourself time to get used to a piece of equipment, but if it doesn’t fully satisfy your needs or wants, move on. I know that it isn’t cheap, but sometimes it takes the right gear to keep your enthusiasm up

Beendare

WKR
Your setup is less important than your form.

Have someone teach you how to shoot correctly right off the bat....and dial in your correct form.

Its too easy these days for a guy to pick up a compound and shoot acceptable groups right off the bat with little instruction or knowledge. It gives a new shooter a false sense of security. FFWD down the road they have problems that are harder to rectify. [I speak from experience- grin]

Put a good chunk of your equipment budget toward lessons with a trained instructor....it will pay you dividends.

wesfromky

WKR
I have a logic with a fast eddie double pin sight, just got the Prime, but initial impressions are good. The thing I will add is to go with a quality shop that is willing to spend some time helping you get your setup running well.

It took 5 weeks to get my bow in, so be ready for a bit of a wait if they don't have what you want in stock.