Bow package estimate

I am looking into selling my current setup and upgrading to a Prime. My biggest issue is that I don’t have the slightest clue on what my current setup is worth. I was hoping someone here could help me out and get an idea of a starting price. My current bow is a 2013 Mathews Creed (28.5/70). It has a Black Gold adjustable 3 pin sight, Quality Archery Design Ultra-Rest HD, Mathews 5 arrow quiver, extra set of string and cable, 10 Easton Axis 340 carbon arrows, and a I series SKB pelican style hard case. I have the bow tuned, lubed, and cleaned every year at the pro shop. Bow is in excellent condition for being five years old. Am I better off selling a complete package? I like my sights and rest but the quiver, arrows and case won’t be interchangeable. Appreciate any insight on what the best approach is. 7460D3C6-C21B-443F-B980-9A7C24915927.jpg

A quick search in the Archery Talk classifieds had pricing for a comparable Creed models bare bow somewhere in the 350-500 dollar range with fully furnished bows upwards of 600 depending on accessories.

Me personally, I would sell as a whole package because I like to try new stuff.

Don't forget to factor in shipping if you are willing to ship. If you are including the hard case, shipping a bulky item like that can get out of hand in my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
We take trade ins toward new purchases all the time. We then resale them on Ebay. Fully set up rigs really don't get a whole lot more money than bare bows. If you like your gear I say keep it and reuse it. The quiver wont swap over so let that piece go. For just the bow alone $400 is a fair price in my opinion.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Market is actually pretty small for older bows 6 model years is a long time in archery. Tons of traffic on archery talk but most sellers there over value thier goods and most buyers low-ball offer on everything. Very used car salesman approach to doing business. Asking price should attract your limited buyers that means it'll end up being worth less than you hoped of course all this is all my opinion. If a bow is a flagship and one or maybe two year years old the market is much larger and gives more wiggle room on pricing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
I've discovered firsthand old used bows aren't worth much. I tried to sell an AR-34 after putting new strings on it and I couldn't even get that money out of it. I ended up giving it to a nephew.

I'm not suggesting yours isn't worth squat and mine was much older than 2013, it's just that technology moves too fast and bow fashion is finickier than a preteen girl.

OP
huntaholic123
Thanks for the input everyone. Trying to sell local to save on shipping cost and selling as a package. Set the price at $750 for the bow, quiver, arrows, string/cables, case, and broad heads. Have had a couple lookers. Hopefully get someone to pull the trigger. Wish I would have gotten a larger case. Dang Centergy is about 1/2 inch to long for the case. Oh well, live and learn.

jmez

WKR
I've always had better luck selling bare bow and then accessories separate. I get more $$ in the end that way as well. The market will set your price. How long you have it will tell you where you are on price. $750, IMO is too high for that set up. If it isn't gone in a week it is over priced.

OP
huntaholic123
$750 for the package in all reality isn't all that far off on price with arrows, broadheads, case, quiver. But I do agree it is on the higher end. Nice thing about that is being able to be flexible on price. Have had a couple browsers so far. Otherwise I will more than likely break it down and sell everything separate. Unfortunately now isn't exactly the best time to sell. Hunting is on the back burner for most average joes but hey maybe I'll catch someone with a tax return burning a hole in there pocket. One can hope.