Advice: forgiving western hunting Hoyt..which model?..

BrayByrd

Lil-Rokslider
Have carbon element now but cam bent from winners choice string break. Looking for advice on forgiving western hunting rig...29” and 68lbs...not sure if going to fix it or buy another...thx for help

Just about everyone makes something similar to the Element spec wise (32" ATA 7" brace height 320-340 IBO). For similar weight without the carbon price tag you might look at the Xpedition Xcursion or Xcentric, but that's just a starting point. Quite literally, every manufacturer is making something in that 32" ATA size your that Element is.

wesfromky

WKR
I had a pro defiant 34 that was pretty nice to shoot. I just moved to a prime, based partly on the reviews on how forgiving/easy to shoot they are. Might look into the Prime centergy.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
This just in.

Hoyt doesn’t really make an unforgiving bow.

Even the Turbo cam, albeit not the smoothest draw, yet very forgiving in shooting. Just takes a bit more umpth to draw it and hold.

Personally, I feel the G5 cam anything is about as good as Archery gets. I’m on a Carbon Spyder Turbo with the G5 cam. It was referred to as a Turbo not on account of the cam difference but the 6 inch brace. Best hunting bow I’ve ever owned. There’s not much in the way of top performing bows I haven’t shot or owned since the early 80’s. I keep trying to upgrade it, but found zero better than it so far.

Just crushed another pig with it Saturday nite with German Kinetics XXL Hatchets and ACC arrows. This bow does nothing but shoot straight.

638b2a09b5c76d1175eb872dca00639a.jpg
a853257a7329e66b392cbcf8f9795ab9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot the Xpedition a few times first before you commit. The solid limbstop backwall will be way different than what you're used to.

Also, at 29" draw, you are on the front side of the larger of the two cams on rotation.

Should be able to pick up a CS Spyder (34) or Defiant pretty easy and won't shoot less than what you have.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
Have carbon element now but cam bent from winners choice string break. Looking for advice on forgiving western hunting rig...29” and 68lbs...not sure if going to fix it or buy another...thx for help
A bit different thought. I just flew back south from Maine and stopped by Kittery Trading Post. They had a whole rack of mathwes, and hoyt bows at a deep discount. Halon 32 camo, multiple lengths and draw weights for $749 if I remember correctly. I didn't check them all out as I was pressed for time, but it would be worth a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk