Mathews Triax

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Now that the Triax has been out for at least 4 months, for those of you that own them what are your thoughts? I am thinking about picking one up, but I wanted some honest feedback from the none hunting magazine and pro views.

Let me know your thoughts.

ORHunter

WKR
Now that the Triax has been out for at least 4 months, for those of you that own them what are your thoughts? I am thinking about picking one up, but I wanted some honest feedback from the none hunting magazine and pro views.

Let me know your thoughts.
I'm in the same boat. I went into the local shop and shot all the new bows last week. I didn't want to like the Triax but it did shoot really nice. Trying to decide between the RX1, Halon 32, and now the Triax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mtrecon

Lil-Rokslider
I've had mine for 3 weeks now and couldn't be happier. I had been away from archery for a number of years and finally had the time to start hunting with a bow again. Shot many before deciding on his bow. Read opinions that being so short it would be inaccurate at distance, NOT TRUE, Very forgiving, stable, quiet, fast and just great to shoot. It's held accurate to 70yds and I'm not that great an archer. If it feels good at the shop, it only gets better at home. Great bow.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is on order and now over a month over-due, FYI. I'm guessing that demand is pushing their production line at the moment.

But I've shot my shop's demo bow for at least 10 hours now indoors (the tech always sets it up for me to "break it in" every time I come in to shoot:)).

As a Hoyt shooter this little bow has certainly won me over.

I'm very eager to see how it works for me at distance outside.

Over all the bow is very nice. It is the typical top heavy bow from Mathews but it sit nicely in the hand. The draw is smooth but felt heavy to me. The shot is smooth and quite. This was the most impressive part of the bow. The cam does want to go and can be a little jumpy. Overall, I think Mathews made a good one here. However, it's not for me but that's on the personal side.

OP
T

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Over all the bow is very nice. It is the typical top heavy bow from Mathews but it sit nicely in the hand. The draw is smooth but felt heavy to me. The shot is smooth and quite. This was the most impressive part of the bow. The cam does want to go and can be a little jumpy. Overall, I think Mathews made a good one here. However, it's not for me but that's on the personal side.

Yeah, it is a little heavier than my current Hoyt Faktor 30, but the Hoyt is very jumpy for me. I got a great deal on the bow new, but the DL is just a little too long. I'm looking for something I would be more confident with than my current set up. I've tried the Bowtech realm and Mathews Triax so far. I liked the Bowtech, but the grip was not comfortable. The Mathews seem to be the most comfortable in my hand. Thanks for the feedback.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I plan to pick one up tomorrow, have shot it several times and decided I like it better than my halon. It will look good next to the carbon defiant I picked up last week from the same dealer for half price. Starting to regret having a hoyt, Mathews and gun dealer 3 miles from my house.

ontarget7

WKR
Great bow, I will have a third before long
Excellent draw cycle, holds awesome at full draw for its compact size. Just built solid and they tune up great.

04faefa86251694b8ef4d6b777297b18.jpg

b6970633033a36b129d760a634e8bb7e.jpg

Just finished up this one for a good friend of mine at Huntin Fool. Arrow flight doesn’t get much cleaner than that.

fd5d49db4a99f3a372be39b55688ed29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Sexy bows! I have a Bowtech Realm and RealmX I'm playing with, but that triax is next on my hit list!

FlyGuy

WKR
I plan to pick one up tomorrow, have shot it several times and decided I like it better than my halon. It will look good next to the carbon defiant I picked up last week from the same dealer for half price. Starting to regret having a hoyt, Mathews and gun dealer 3 miles from my house.
I've got a Halon that I love. Ive been looking at the triax but haven't held one yet. What do you like better about the Triax? The specs make it seem like not quite enough gain over the Halon to justify.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been looking at both the Triax and the Halo 32. I have a 30” draw,!do y’all think the halon 32 would be a better fit. I plan on shooting both this weekend. It’s hard to find one that is 40 to 50 pounds.

Lawnboi

WKR
Mathews got my money this year. Was dead set on getting a longer bow, but ended up going shorter, actually wasn't even planning on getting a new bow this year.

A few months ago the wife got the avail, I shot it a few times and thought I'd better try the triax, also shot the halons. My impression of the triad was good enough that I am replacing a carbon defiant. Was not at all happy with what Hoyt came out with this year.

I don't have many shots on it, just got it today. But man is it quiet, dead in hand and stable for being so short. Actually holds better than the defiant from what I can tell so far.

Only thing I don't like is that the draw cycle is more harsh. Time will tell if the carbon defiant will be going up for sale.

I ended up with one in optifade subalpine. Also only have a 26" draw.

Last edited:

Summit1

FNG
Great bow, I will have a third before long
Excellent draw cycle, holds awesome at full draw for its compact size. Just built solid and they tune up great.

04faefa86251694b8ef4d6b777297b18.jpg

b6970633033a36b129d760a634e8bb7e.jpg

Just finished up this one for a good friend of mine at Huntin Fool. Arrow flight doesn’t get much cleaner than that.

fd5d49db4a99f3a372be39b55688ed29.jpg

Did you find that the Triax took any special tricks to get tuned up that well? I think I might end up purchasing a Triax as well and love any feedback you might have as far as tuning goes. TIA, Brad

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I shot most of the new top bows this year and the Triax finished first. I went in not wanting another Mathews, but after shooting the Triax I knew I had to get another triax. The Bowtech Realm and Realm X were right behind it, just a little more hand shock. So far the bow has been pretty solid. Feels great after the shot and is really quiet. The Speed you get out of this little bow is pretty badass too. If you are on the fence, I would say get one.

etsanger

FNG
I got the triax a couple months ago, coming from a quest smoke. 65 lbs, 27 in draw. It is a solid bow, really quiet and no hand shock. I shot all the top bows out there and decided to go with the triax. I agree with the others that the cam is a little jumpy but just takes some getting used to.

frankrb3

WKR
I got my Triax back in March. Its's awesome. Replaced my 2004 Mathews Outback that I was still using. A huge improvement but that was to be expected when going from a 14 year old bow to the Triax.