Hoyt REDWRX Carbon RX-1 Turbo build and review

The Kudu's are money... Fly excellent at long range too. You can't go wrong with them. This will be my third year with them in the quiver next to the hypodermics. They both fly the same, for me.

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Kudu's are money... Fly excellent at long range too. You can't go wrong with them. This will be my third year with them in the quiver next to the hypodermics. They both fly the same, for me.
Been too windy to test anything at distance yet but hopefully today

Live2hunt custom shelters

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys haven't forgotten about this thread. I've been getting everything dialed and working on some form issues that were causing me some inconsistencies, but they're mostly taken care of now. One troublesome issue I'm fighting with is my vision in my right eye is slowly getting worse, so as a result my brain is compensating by making me left eye dominant which is a new development as of past 2 months and extremely frustrating when trying to shoot with both eyes open. The joys of aging.

Anyway I have no complaints with the bow's performance. I'm getting 284 FPS with my current Arrow setup weighing in at 509.3 grains. That boils down to 91.263 of kinetic energy and 0.6457 seconds of momentum if my calculations are correct. This is all pretty good considering how quiet and dead in hand the bow is. I don't know that I'm going to keep this Arrow setup all year but I'm going to be using it on Spring bear here in a week and a half. Later in the year I'll probably be switching up to some different components that look very promising but I have yet to get them in hand so can't speak to them yet.

I got my second and third axis leveled and I'm sighted in between 20 and 60. I usually fine tune this over a few days to make sure that I'm shooting consistently and everything stays good. Hopefully today I'll get to send those broadheads at distance and post up the results.

jmez

WKR
Hey guys haven't forgotten about this thread. I've been getting everything dialed and working on some form issues that were causing me some inconsistencies, but they're mostly taken care of now. One troublesome issue I'm fighting with is my vision in my right eye is slowly getting worse, so as a result my brain is compensating by making me left eye dominant which is a new development as of past 2 months and extremely frustrating when trying to shoot with both eyes open. The joys of aging.

Anyway I have no complaints with the bow's performance. I'm getting 284 FPS with my current Arrow setup weighing in at 509.3 grains. That boils down to 91.263 of kinetic energy and 0.6457 seconds of momentum if my calculations are correct. This is all pretty good considering how quiet and dead in hand the bow is. I don't know that I'm going to keep this Arrow setup all year but I'm going to be using it on Spring bear here in a week and a half. Later in the year I'll probably be switching up to some different components that look very promising but I have yet to get them in hand so can't speak to them yet.

I got my second and third axis leveled and I'm sighted in between 20 and 60. I usually fine tune this over a few days to make sure that I'm shooting consistently and everything stays good. Hopefully today I'll get to send those broadheads at distance and post up the results.

Just slightly squint your left eye when shooting. Will clear up the cross dominance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update:

I'm really liking these Victory VAP TKO arrows though I will be trying some new components as this is what happens when they passed through the Target and hit a rock.
97b5fa2eb12866b0612c8e1b48950a77.jpg

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got it dialed at 20 and 60 and I'm waiting on new site tapes to come in because I was missing the necessary one.

I am really impressed with the kudu point broadheads. The top two are grouped at 60 when I was dialing, one is a field point one is the kudu point Contour. I also took a Broadhead and shot it through 3/4 inch plywood to check its toughness and I can see no noticeable damage and it's still sharp and still spins true. I have not stretched them out any farther than 60 yet, though I don't think there will be an issue.
d2f4d839e9260f4aa19ca3db207a627c.jpg
bf7366473433fcdabe080872267d38dc.jpg
7d90fcd67fce354434752084edc61688.jpg