Mathews Triax Build and Review

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got home last night and my Triax was sitting on the doorstep. I'm headed for the Madison Deer and Turkey Expo tomorrow, for the next 5 days. I won't have any time to start building it. I'm thinking of taking a little different approach. I don't have my heart set on anything as far as the rest goes. I'm leaning towards another Spot Hogg because they are bullet proof and have been flawless for me for years. That said, maybe I would try out something different if enough comment warranted it? I will in high likelihood stick with my FMJ 400's, and for sure will be shooting the Iron Will's.

Is there anything out there that you guys might like to see reviewed or tested as far as rest's goes and sights? The only real stipulations are it has to be able to withstand heavy use in the mountains. Post up your thoughts.

I'll also be posting a lot of this and other things here Another Season

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
c09f797b0beb485e3421eb6f94c95c3c.jpg

b0f1069a07a6882c646d906c343fc0ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
See if you can get your hands on an aae prophecy. My plan is to try one, or the doa this year.

Also really want to get my hands on a triax, 26" draw so string angle isn't bad, and dang is the thing dead on the shot.

I am wanting to try the Hamskea pro hunter hybrid.
I have the Hamskea versa rest and its a tank, just wonder if the others are too?

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I know you asked about rests and sights, but what about different stabilizers? I'd like to see how a few perform on it so I have a better idea what works and doesn't before I buy one for mine.

Huntin_GI

WKR
I had a chance to shoot this against a Prime Logic. I found the triax to have a draw cycle which I found to be more agreeable but still leaned toward to Prime. Both were incredibly dead in the hand and amazingly quiet. Hows your experience been thus far?