Loctite

KEVINSENC

Lil-Rokslider
So I bought a used Hoyt Defiant 34 last week, the guy that I purchased it from failed to mention that one of the screws to adjust the draw length was stripped out. I think I can get it out later on but my question is the manual says "do not over tighten", I think he may have put loctite on the screw, is this typical, and if so what other parts on the bow are typically good spots to use loctite on. I can see it being an issue on some of the screws coming loose over time during the season..

Thanks

4ester

WKR
So I bought a used Hoyt Defiant 34 last week, the guy that I purchased it from failed to mention that one of the screws to adjust the draw length was stripped out. I think I can get it out later on but my question is the manual says "do not over tighten", I think he may have put loctite on the screw, is this typical, and if so what other parts on the bow are typically good spots to use loctite on. I can see it being an issue on some of the screws coming loose over time during the season..

Thanks

Was it the red draw stop peg by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

KEVINSENC

Lil-Rokslider
nope, was able to get both of the draw stops out, it was one of the other screws in the inner cam module...once i get it out hopefully Ill be able to purchase a replacement..

Brendan

WKR
I will use loctite, but make sure it's Blue, NOT RED. I also make sure I'm using high quality, correctly sized allen keys or torx heads, and not cheap shit that's even slightly rounded out. If one ever starts to round out or strip - just order a replacement, that goes for the key/driver, and the bolt/screw...