Paper tune

So I got tired of shooting paper using my chronograph with an 8 and 1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper

I went to the hardware store got some PVC pipe built a frame and got a roll of 48 inch paper cut it in half and now I have plenty of paper that I can use for years to come

I am posting this hoping maybe it helps someone else who likes to do their own thing and make their own stuff
62cbf78824970d63c598896f5326a605.jpg
86e193ac6207adab4413ec4d42681e00.jpg
75ffc97fe65acd1106986fdcb8d2b8b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Was actually making something very similar today. Gave my nephews (ages 4 and 6) their first bows today and realized they need a target too.

OP
mfllood3800
That's a great idea. My grandson is 8 now and he has been shooting a small recurve. I may let him use this as a target.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I made something similar when i had my shop. Had a customer give me a roll of Xerox printer paper. I couldn't tell you how long that roll lasted, couple years I'd say with daily use. The brown painters drop paper works like a charm also. You can get it cheap at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
That's a good idea. I've rigged up plenty of paper tuners but that looks much better than mine.

Live2hunt custom shelters

And super cheap. lol
If I had to do it again I would use 1/2" pvc on the top portion so more rolls of paper would fit on it. My choice of big pipe forced me to hand roll this roll onto it- no big deal, but with hind sight I'd do it different.

OP
mfllood3800
I made something similar when i had my shop. Had a customer give me a roll of Xerox printer paper. I couldn't tell you how long that roll lasted, couple years I'd say with daily use. The brown painters drop paper works like a charm also. You can get it cheap at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The brown paper is awesome stuff too, and usually has a bigger inside Diameter for ease of installation over the bigger pipe

amp713

WKR
That is nice. I had an old photo frame I would tape my paper to and shoot through... I usually only paper tune if I'm having an issue though so idk if building a nice one would get much use ha

OP
mfllood3800
Yea i heat ya, but I set up bows for other guys and usually start there to see where I'm at if the timing looks good

I have a little bow shop in my garage

Everything comes in quite handy
Lots of hunters here, little do it yourself type guys

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tilzbow

WKR
I did something similar and made the paper frame out of PVC but rather than a PVC base I attached the paper frame to a cheap Walmart tripod so I can adjust the height of the paper. This enables me to shoot different areas of the paper from top to bottom while maintaining my form horizontally and allows for different height shooters to use it too.

OP
mfllood3800
I did something similar and made the paper frame out of PVC but rather than a PVC base I attached the paper frame to a cheap Walmart tripod so I can adjust the height of the paper. This enables me to shoot different areas of the paper from top to bottom while maintaining my form horizontally and allows for different height shooters to use it too.

great idea man