New Ulmer Broadhead

J_hol

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody know anything about the new Ulmer broadhead? I've heard Randy mention it on several podcasts. On the Nock-On podcast he said it was gong to be out this summer but nothing more. Has anyone seen it?

Brendan

WKR
Heard the same podcast, but being that Dudley didn't even know it was being released or who was manufacturing / releasing, I'm guessing that the general public isn't going to know much.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
That guy who posted that is very credible on anything AZ related and Ulmer is definitely AZ related. Off the top of my head he has the WR P&Y Antelope along with recent bow killed B&C desert sheep and mule deer in AZ; they don’t come more serious bowhunters than Marvin.

brocksw

WKR
There must have been a delay of some sort. Back in November, Randy was on a podcast and said they were releasing "very soon"... I took that as coming out at Ata. But from what I heard nobody at Ata had heard anything about them.

Very curious to see. Hope they make sharper blades and have components that are compatible with the old ones. I don't have any extra rubber bands for the few packs that I have!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

browens3

FNG
I just asked Rusty, who is the one actually designing them, and he said they'll be shipping in July.

browens3

FNG
Did he say who the manufacturer is?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No. He said he couldn't reveal that as of right now. No other info given other than it will function and fly similar to the originals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Looking forward to trying these!! Have tried to buy off the used/forgot in the closet market with no luck.

Trial153

WKR
Bust a blade and the other flops around, no thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
They lock open. They can only pivoit to one side, so the opposing side is out further. What happens when you hit bone square and it cant pivot around it because its on both side? Bust a blade like that then the whole deal is flaping around.

brocksw

WKR
They lock open. They can only pivoit to one side, so the opposing side is out further. What happens when you hit bone square and it cant pivot around it because its on both side? Bust a blade like that then the whole deal is flaping around.

You're absolutely right. However, it's very seldom I've broken or seen broken, both blades. I think that design would pretty well cover most situations... With exceptions of course... Thats the caveat of all mechanical broadheads.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
You're absolutely right. However, it's very seldom I've broken or seen broken, both blades. I think that design would pretty well cover most situations... With exceptions of course... Thats the caveat of all mechanical broadheads.

Actually - looks like the issue would / could occur if you broke one side. Then the other side pivots back into the BH body because of the lack of opposing resistance.

Exactly what happened here: