Iron Will broadhead users, tell me about them

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Have you actually used them for hunting? If you killed something with one I would love to hear your accounting of how the head did. Share pics of the head after use.

If not and you have only practiced with them waiting to use them for hunting, Please share your opinion on your first hand experiences using them. What do you like, Dislike, Pro/con. Im looking for first hand usage comments from people that have sent them down range at targets or animals.

If you bloodied them, what was your process for returning the edge?

Trial153

WKR
Yes. I got a set of 3 last the end of last season. I used them only the last 5 days of NYs deer season. I shoot a doe.
25 yard shot steep quartering away from a low stand so not much angle. hit about 6 inches behind the last rib 3/4 of the way up. The arrow went through the abdominal cavity, diaphragm and then thoracic cavity and out 1/3 way up between the brisket and shoulder. It was buried in the ground.

I washed the head and arrow and hunted the rest or the week. It was plenty sharp enough to reuse.

I then shot the same broadhead maybe 25 more times after the season testing a new set up that i plan on elk hunting with this season.

I did resharpen the head. i removed the bleeder and put it in forcepts, sharped it on flat stones it was easy to keep the same angle. I went maybe 10 times each perside with a medium and fine stone then a fine leather strop and green compound.

The main blade i replaced into the ferrule and then used a short piece of arrow with insert. I repeated the above steps.

The head is 90 -95% of its factory sharpness. I would say better then most factory heads even now.

if you have a specific question..ask.