My Tight Spot Rattles!

OP
bguitierez
Nothing yet. Well I had an Octane that was decent, but sold it to get the Tight Spot.
My big issue is my bow has an IBO of 372, so it hits hard and will rattle anything that isn't secure.

I have string silencers every where. I have run double limb dampeners, riser dampeners- everything they make.
There is no getting this quiet as it is a beast. But it isn't as bad as some guys light draw weight bows I have shot with.

I shoot with a solid fence to one side and my 40'RV to the other. So I can hear everything when it goes off. When I am away from these, it isn't too bad for most, but I have trained my ear to hear a pin drop on it.

I feel the 2 piece quiver is the ticket. I am already looking and will be selling these tight spots.
Thats a freaking fast bow! My arrow speeds are at 278 - 280 with a 477 gr arrow. Happy with the Set up just gotta figure out the quiver thing. I'm running string silencers to and those seem to help quite a bit, without slowing things down. Good luck with your hunt for a good quiver. I'm still mulling it over for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

My speeds are 310 fps with my 480 gr arrow set up and 28.25 DL.
The only 2 pc quivers I see that might work are Trophy ridge and elite. I need to study the Hoyt rack and see if I cant modify that thing- this is driving me nut and unacceptable to me. And I don't even hunt white tail lol

OP
bguitierez
My speeds are 310 fps with my 480 gr arrow set up and 28.25 DL.
The only 2 pc quivers I see that might work are Trophy ridge and elite. I need to study the Hoyt rack and see if I cant modify that thing- this is driving me nut and unacceptable to me. And I don't even hunt white tail lol
Well noise is a big factor in hunting set ups dude. Muleys, Blacktails, Elk, etc can all move fast too! haha. I had a blacktail matrix duck two arrows this year! haha

The new second gripper accessory quiets down a tight spot a lot. I was getting arrow rattle on my well used 5 arrow and the second forward gripper took it all away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bguitierez
The new second gripper accessory quiets down a tight spot a lot. I was getting arrow rattle on my well used 5 arrow and the second forward gripper took it all away.

I was reading about that on their site last night. Might get a 2018 model with the arrow gripper.

worx53

WKR
That's some good insight! I have the 5 arrow from some years ago. I have been happy with it, up until now. Thank you for the heads up on the 7, was looking at that one. If they have addressed the clamp then perhaps they are more silent. Have you used any other brands recently?

I've been using 2 PC quivers for 20 years. Best 2 piece I ever had was a bowtech 7 arrow that is not made anymore. I have a Tree Limb 2 PC that is built perfect but 5 arrow and wanted to try the tightspot 7. I have a tightspot 5 on one bow and it's been fine. If tightspot made a wider rod clamp bracket and slightly larger o.d. carbon rods I think they would be fine. I almost think if you spray foamed the inside of the rods it might stop the vibration. Right now it's like a tuning fork humming.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I decided to try the extra arrow gripper for my 5. I ordered 2 of these and will use it on my 7 as well if it will slide in there. I usually only take 7 arrows when I go in deep for 5 days. Hoping this fixes it.
Thx for this thread

OP
bguitierez
I've been using 2 PC quivers for 20 years. Best 2 piece I ever had was a bowtech 7 arrow that is not made anymore. I have a Tree Limb 2 PC that is built perfect but 5 arrow and wanted to try the tightspot 7. I have a tightspot 5 on one bow and it's been fine. If tightspot made a wider rod clamp bracket and slightly larger o.d. carbon rods I think they would be fine. I almost think if you spray foamed the inside of the rods it might stop the vibration. Right now it's like a tuning fork humming.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
mine has been pretty silent, but with the problem with the rubber and hood, your analogy is exactly what's happening.

Last edited:
My grippers came in and I installed them on both bows, but the winds today are cooking at well over 25 mph so I can go shoot. Well I could, but I wouldn't be able to hear hardly any way.
Cant wait to see if this helps reduce noise. I would think it would because it is another dampener type "gusset at the hood area that was such a long stretch before with no support.

colersu22

WKR
My grippers came in and I installed them on both bows, but the winds today are cooking at well over 25 mph so I can go shoot. Well I could, but I wouldn't be able to hear hardly any way.
Cant wait to see if this helps reduce noise. I would think it would because it is another dampener type "gusset at the hood area that was such a long stretch before with no support.

I’m very Interested in your thoughts on the second gripper since I always wanted a second one on my tight spot.

They worked to quiet mine. But heck even before I installed it I shot 4 elk and 1 deer with the quiver and never had any noise issues.

OP
bguitierez
Hope it works out man.

I’m very Interested in your thoughts on the second gripper since I always wanted a second one on my tight spot.

I hear ya, it is worth it for sure, even if it doesn't quiet it down, which I believe it has to just by design.
I have always loved the 2 gripper quivers, and the Tight Spot just needs this badly IMO.

I'll follow up as I can, my Turkey hunt starts Sat so hopefully I get to release an arrow then.

I had a chance to shoot in my garage and this definitely help remove that thud from the quiver. It is gone on mine and I am pleased.
I haven't shot a turkey yet, heck, I haven't even seen one. I think they sold a thousand tags for this LE, and every body is where I have hunted for the last 2 years. I have never seen this many bird hunters in one area.

At least my tight spot is quiet
lol

TravisIN

WKR
Contact tight spot they will make it right.

GotDraw?

WKR
I cut a piece of rubber pipe insulating foam to stuff inside the hood of my 2014 Tightspot, works great to kill the noise. Not using the light gray colored pipe foam, but the black, soft rubber stuff.

Put it in the plastic hood and stuck my broadheads in it.

JL

cnelk

WKR
I recently acquired a new Tight Spot 7 Arrow quiver. Tried it on my new Elite but man, I just didnt like it.
[Its on Ebay now]

So I put my ol Alpine Archery Soft Loc 5 arrow detachable quiver on and now Im set.

Looking back thru some of my pics, Ive used that Alpine Archery quiver for over 15 years with not one issue.

Check em out - Alpine's Soft Loc Quiver Is the worlds quietest quiver.

neverquit

WKR
Mine rattled and after further investigation I found one of the carbon rods was cracked, I sent it in for warranty and they shipped me a brand new one to replace it. I didn’t drop my bow or anything so I still don’t know how the carbon rod cracked.

I had the same experience. My crack was under a the mount bracket but the send me a brand new one after 3 days . It was a painless process

worx53

WKR
7 arrow

I had the same experience. My crack was under a the mount bracket but the send me a brand new one after 3 days . It was a painless process

Tightspot sent me a replacement and its the new 2018 version with 4 pinch screws and longer clamp surface....will test soon