My Tight Spot Rattles!

After 3 years my Tight Spot Quiver is freaking rattling. Then again it was pretty good for 3 years. In the market for a new one. Any archery bros. have suggestions on whether to try something different (with similar characteristics), or just get a new Tight Spot. Quiet and close to the bow is mega important.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
Mine rattled and after further investigation I found one of the carbon rods was cracked, I sent it in for warranty and they shipped me a brand new one to replace it. I didn’t drop my bow or anything so I still don’t know how the carbon rod cracked.

OP
bguitierez
Mine rattled and after further investigation I found one of the carbon rods was cracked, I sent it in for warranty and they shipped me a brand new one to replace it. I didn’t drop my bow or anything so I still don’t know how the carbon rod cracked.
That's a good point man. I'll have to check the carbon rods. Mine seems to have issues on the broadhead part where the rubber is seated on the plastic shell. It's come completely loose. Don't know where the receipt is for the one I bought. You're still using tight spot I take it?

worx53

WKR
I just sent in my basically new 7 arrow. it has rattled since day one. the issue is the single screw clamp system they have on the 2017 7 arrow just doesn't stop the rods from vibrating. the added two arrows probably doesn't help. my 5 arrow doesn't do this but the clamp system is 4 screw. btw the 7 arrow does this on 3 different bows while the 5 arrow is silent on all 3 bows. I see they have upgraded the rod clamp system for 2018 so they know they have/ had an issue. I was told they would send me a new style if they determined the 2017 was properly glued together, and the rods not cracked (it has no cracked rods and it is glued properly so I am interested to see the outcome as its an expensive arrow carrier and the design is flawed)

jmez

WKR
If quiet and tight to the bow are important to you look into a two piece quiver. I used to use a Tight Spot and they are nice quivers but I'll never go back to a detachable after using the two piece.

OP
bguitierez
I just sent in my basically new 7 arrow. it has rattled since day one. the issue is the single screw clamp system they have on the 2017 7 arrow just doesn't stop the rods from vibrating. the added two arrows probably doesn't help. my 5 arrow doesn't do this but the clamp system is 4 screw. btw the 7 arrow does this on 3 different bows while the 5 arrow is silent on all 3 bows. I see they have upgraded the rod clamp system for 2018 so they know they have/ had an issue. I was told they would send me a new style if they determined the 2017 was properly glued together, and the rods not cracked (it has no cracked rods and it is glued properly so I am interested to see the outcome as its an expensive arrow carrier and the design is flawed)
That's some good insight! I have the 5 arrow from some years ago. I have been happy with it, up until now. Thank you for the heads up on the 7, was looking at that one. If they have addressed the clamp then perhaps they are more silent. Have you used any other brands recently?

OP
bguitierez
If quiet and tight to the bow are important to you look into a two piece quiver. I used to use a Tight Spot and they are nice quivers but I'll never go back to a detachable after using the two piece.
Thanks man. What two piece are you running?

Call Tight Spot. Bet they take care of you if you have problems. Seem like a great company when I have dealt with them. Had my 5 arrow for about 6-1/2 seasons and still like it. Did have the hood loosen up where it was glued to the carbon rods last year. They offered to repair it, but we discussed regluing it. They recommended Devcon Plastic Steel as the best out of the glues I had on hand...epoxy and Gorilla were the other options in my shop. Working great for almost a year since the repair.

jmez

WKR
Hoyt Arrow rack. I belive the arrow rack only fits Hoyt bows and even on the Hoyts different model years have different mounts. If you shoot a Hoyt get an Arrow Rack.

I've used the Octane in the past but not sure if they still make them, they are nice as well. Stay away from the magnetic hood, neat idea but HEAVY.

OP
bguitierez
Call Tight Spot. Bet they take care of you if you have problems. Seem like a great company when I have dealt with them. Had my 5 arrow for about 6-1/2 seasons and still like it. Did have the hood loosen up where it was glued to the carbon rods last year. They offered to repair it, but we discussed regluing it. They recommended Devcon Plastic Steel as the best out of the glues I had on hand...epoxy and Gorilla were the other options in my shop. Working great for almost a year since the repair.
That's the problem I'm having too. I don't have any other complaints with mine. I've looked at other quivers in bow shops just have seen any with the same or better options. Thanks bro!

OP
bguitierez
Hoyt Arrow rack. I belive the arrow rack only fits Hoyt bows and even on the Hoyts different model years have different mounts. If you shoot a Hoyt get an Arrow Rack.

I've used the Octane in the past but not sure if they still make them, they are nice as well. Stay away from the magnetic hood, neat idea but HEAVY.
I 3as running a Hoyt Defiant 30. Then realized as I learned more about archery that my draw and body size requires a bigger string angle. Sold it and have been running my back up PSE FOR THE last few years. The goal is to get into a Hoyt with at least a 34" AA. Thanks for the insight. If I do get into a Hoyt again I'll definitely give the Hoyt quivers a serious look.

Mine rattled and then I discovered the small screws holding the arrow gripper to the carbon rods were loose. One of them had completely fallen out. I just never noticed it was happening. They have the best CS in the business; and sent me replacement screws right away. They also walked me through a way I could fit it more snugly to my bow, by reversing the way I had it attached.

Trial153

WKR
I would contact them before you buy anything new, I think they will work with you to solve the issue. Honestly if you sticking with a one piece quiver I can’t see you finding better.

I'd absolutely contact them, one of the nicest companies in the industry and they'll certainly take care of you.

You won't find anything similar on the market anyhow, these quivers are in a league of their own.

Email Kelly, [email protected]

OP
bguitierez
Mine rattled and then I discovered the small screws holding the arrow gripper to the carbon rods were loose. One of them had completely fallen out. I just never noticed it was happening. They have the best CS in the business; and sent me replacement screws right away. They also walked me through a way I could fit it more snugly to my bow, by reversing the way I had it attached.
Thanks man. Given what everyone is saying I am seriously considering a phone call to their CS.

OP
bguitierez
I would contact them before you buy anything new, I think they will work with you to solve the issue. Honestly if you sticking with a one piece quiver I can’t see you finding better.
I agree. Over the last few years I am always looking at the other brands, that's why I been running this Tight Spot the whole time!

OP
bguitierez
I'd absolutely contact them, one of the nicest companies in the industry and they'll certainly take care of you.

You won't find anything similar on the market anyhow, these quivers are in a league of their own.

Email Kelly, [email protected]
That's awesome dude! I'll get an email out for sure. Thank you bro.

I have used double sided tape to make sure the hood is tight qith the rubber insert, yet I still get a bit of noise. I cant stand any noise on my bows.
I have both the 5 and 7 quivers.
For the $$ these cost, I am not that impressed with them. Their detach system is very robust. But the rest of the system isn't all that. I was getting my double sided tape ready and laid it on the hood, pulled it up to start inserting it into the hood area and the tape took the "carbon" look right off the hood.
My personal opinion on the 2 I have owned for a couple years is they are $60 quivers at best- but not worth $120 or what ever they are. I bought mine on Black Friday Sales and got them for $90, so I have never complained. But they are noisy and the cosmetic part is weak.

OP
bguitierez
I have used double sided tape to make sure the hood is tight qith the rubber insert, yet I still get a bit of noise. I cant stand any noise on my bows.
I have both the 5 and 7 quivers.
For the $$ these cost, I am not that impressed with them. Their detach system is very robust. But the rest of the system isn't all that. I was getting my double sided tape ready and laid it on the hood, pulled it up to start inserting it into the hood area and the tape took the "carbon" look right off the hood.
My personal opinion on the 2 I have owned for a couple years is they are $60 quivers at best- but not worth $120 or what ever they are. I bought mine on Black Friday Sales and got them for $90, so I have never complained. But they are noisy and the cosmetic part is weak.
I hate noise on my bows too. I mean alot!! What have you found that works for you?

I hate noise on my bows too. I mean alot!! What have you found that works for you?

Nothing yet. Well I had an Octane that was decent, but sold it to get the Tight Spot.
My big issue is my bow has an IBO of 372, so it hits hard and will rattle anything that isn't secure.

I have string silencers every where. I have run double limb dampeners, riser dampeners- everything they make.
There is no getting this quiet as it is a beast. But it isn't as bad as some guys light draw weight bows I have shot with.

I shoot with a solid fence to one side and my 40'RV to the other. So I can hear everything when it goes off. When I am away from these, it isn't too bad for most, but I have trained my ear to hear a pin drop on it.

I feel the 2 piece quiver is the ticket. I am already looking and will be selling these tight spots.