Another arrow spine question

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
Getting some mixed answers here, so figure I'll just ask you fine folks for more insight.

I'm shooting a Hoyt CD w/ 29.5" draw @ 70lbs

I'm shooting 30" FMJs 300 spine and I want to hunt with 125gr broadheads for FOC reasons (vs100gr).

Am I underspined?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You know......in 2010 the owner of our largest archery shop here called me to offer me a good deal on two dozen FMJ 300's. The reason he called me was that he knew that I used 300's with my 32 1/2" draw at 70+lbs. He told me that he couldn't hardly even give 300's away as 99% couldn't use them or need them back then in 2010, and those had been sitting in his shop for two years. Have bows gotten that much more efficient and or powerful since 2010 that anybody and everybody now uses 300's or stiffer?

I would think that 300's are plenty stiff.

I think you’re fine.

If you weaken the spine any more (i.e. adding draw weight, adding point weight, etc.) I would say you’d be on the edge of being underspined. If that happened, you might think about moving to the next stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
You’re fine as long as you don’t start adding point weight. You could always shorten your arrow a little depending on draw length. 30” is a long ass arrow!

Your spine is fine. That said the 29 and a half inch draw length you can get away with a shorter Arrow. Running that tip weight that you're talking about with a shorter Arrow at a 300 spine will be a more efficient setup. Of course that depends on your Fletching Broadhead choice and shooting mechanics. But hey we are all armchair archers around here hahaha. Good luck with your upcoming Hunt's brother

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk