Got the Carter just b cause

Love this thing
Its my 3rd Carter
For me It was the easiest non wrist strap type release to pick up and just start using.

I really like the Carter's and since the nock on releases are rarely in stock, I got these Carter's

1f426c4675c7b9d04091a6161d702278.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Did you add the hole for the wrist strap? I can't find a just b cuz that has that. Only the wise choice.

OP
mfllood3800
Yes I did. This will be my hunt set up, and don't want to accidently lose it.

OP
mfllood3800
I personally don't use it when shooting targets, but thought it might be needed hiking thru the mountains. If not I can remove the tether

Lawnboi

WKR
You should try a Stan. Carter makes a good release too.

I'm going back to a handheld this summer and we will see if it makes it to the fall.

My biggest thing going back to a handheld was to get one that I could hook on my d loop with the jaw closed. Biggest thing, with the carter that I used to use was having to click it on and off constantly. I wanted it to be silent.

Hoping the Stan perfect long neck does that for me, and should pair well with my element resistance release.

Did you end up with a pairing resistance release? Iv been shooting my resistance release a lot, and am finally shooting what I would consider to be okay with it. The thing demands consistency, I'm curious to throw in the thumb trigger and see what I can really do.

92xj

WKR

Just drilled and chamfered the hole for a smooth surface and called it good?
I just placed an order this morning and like the thought of a strap as this is my first handheld release to use and learn.

OP
mfllood3800
You should try a Stan. Carter makes a good release too.

I'm going back to a handheld this summer and we will see if it makes it to the fall.

My biggest thing going back to a handheld was to get one that I could hook on my d loop with the jaw closed. Biggest thing, with the carter that I used to use was having to click it on and off constantly. I wanted it to be silent.

Hoping the Stan perfect long neck does that for me, and should pair well with my element resistance release.

Did you end up with a pairing resistance release? Iv been shooting my resistance release a lot, and am finally shooting what I would consider to be okay with it. The thing demands consistency, I'm curious to throw in the thumb trigger and see what I can really do.

One reason I got the Just B Cause is as you say, It can lock on the string and stay there. How ever I have the thumb set in a normal tension setting, and if it gets bumped it will trigger itself and fall of the D Loop.

I did get the Carter Evolution that I try to use in between this one, but it has been creating or revealing issues with my elbow. I have some pain as a result and have to limit how much I use it.

I also got the carter Honey 2 Hinge and don't care for the hinge for personal reasons.

I looked at getting some of Dudleys releases but never found them in stock and discovered ne used the Carters with modifications to them, so I just went with Carters.

These thumb releases are an easy transition no matter what release you are currently using.

I did look at some Stans and never saw one with the index finger hole which I need for my hands handicap. I can only use my thumb and index finger, the others are only 20% usable and create an issue keeping the releases in my hand while drawing.

OP
mfllood3800
Just drilled and chamfered the hole for a smooth surface and called it good?
I just placed an order this morning and like the thought of a strap as this is my first handheld release to use and learn.

Exactly
Watch John Dudley videos on you tube on proper technique or you will possibly find yourself punching the thumb as with the old index finger type. He has some great info for all things archery.

Brendan

WKR
Carter / Nock-on fan here. Haven't used much else but practiced and hunted with the Nock2It all last year, so am used to the ergonomics...

495bdd64364d9b81454a4dadecc2492a.jpg

Brendan

WKR
To be honest, can't remember. With the Nock2It - it's really just about how much trigger pressure you want. I got something that worked that probably requires 2-4 pounds of pressure to break.

My theory, for both my index and thumb releases, I want zero travel, and to be able to put my finger/thumb on the trigger and have to conciously put pressure into it to get it to break cleanly like a good rifle trigger. I've noticed that way that It keeps me from hammering it / punching it when I'm not ready.

Using that adjustment and then practicing with the silverback has been paying dividends for me, although I can't say I'm as accurate (yet) when shooting with a tension/hinge. Haven't really shot the 2Smooth yet - sold all my bows and am waiting on a replacement :D

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same collection as Brendan. I started shooting the silverback as my first release. I was hoping that by learning with a tension right from the beginning, that I would not develop any bad habits. For the most part, it has worked. The only time I get into trouble is with the Nock 2 it, sometimes I will not be quite as hard into the back wall if I'm tired, and this will give some lefts and rights. I'm just getting to know the 2 smooth, and I can see that the same thing might become an issue there. After shooting it for a day, I turned the clicker off. There is no clicker on the silverback, so I don't want one on the 2 smooth. I hunted with the Nock 2 it last season, and I rotate between it and the silverback for target and 3D. I'm going to start throwing the 2 smooth into the rotation as well.

Gumbo

WKR
I'm a big Nock 2 It fan, I have 3. I tried the Silverback/Evo, weren't really for me. I was already using tension to activate the Nock 2 It so I figured there wasn't much point. And I didn't care for the Too Smooth either, It was kind of uncomfortable for me to anchor/shoot with. I shoot with about 3.5 pounds of tension on the Nock 2 It trigger.

OP
mfllood3800
I don't care for the hinges either, and the Evo/SB are good for getting back to real proper form. I hadn't shot my Evo for a while as it was revealing issues I had physically in my arm/elbow/neck.
I switched back to the index release and then the thumb (Just B Cause- Nock 2 it type) showed up.
Well I decided to get the evo out again and as soon as I would release my thumb off the safety it would fire. So I crank it to make more tension, same thing immediate fire.
So I went up from 30 yrds to like 10 yards and discovered I was jerking as soon as my thumb came of the safety causing the shots to go off.
Now after just a dozen shots with this evo, I have readjusted the tension back to where I was originally. It revealed I was anticipating it going off and actually activating it.

I love these tools

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Big fan of the Just B-Cuz as well. Have two of them and used them last for last fall's hunts. I just ran glo-cord through the little hole on the cocklever and put on a cord lock. I also shot a chocolate addiction and loved it, but stopped because the jaw went the opposite way of the JBC. I just wasn't hitting the same. I really like the JBCs. I actually just ordered a Nock2It to try and would like to get a Silverback as well if I can ever get online fast enough to get one. I'm wondering how I'll take to shooting 2 finger vs 3? I have a couple of wrist rockets as well from Carter. Rx2's. They just make solid stuff, albeit pricey.

OP
mfllood3800
Big fan of the Just B-Cuz as well. Have two of them and used them last for last fall's hunts. I just ran glo-cord through the little hole on the cocklever and put on a cord lock. I also shot a chocolate addiction and loved it, but stopped because the jaw went the opposite way of the JBC. I just wasn't hitting the same. I really like the JBCs. I actually just ordered a Nock2It to try and would like to get a Silverback as well if I can ever get online fast enough to get one. I'm wondering how I'll take to shooting 2 finger vs 3? I have a couple of wrist rockets as well from Carter. Rx2's. They just make solid stuff, albeit pricey.

Yep seems like $200 is the magic number for good releases
lol
I bet you will like the 2 finger over the 3 once you have it drawn back. The draw cycle may be a bit unwanted with the 2 for you, but once anchored it is nice .